TB treatment in a chronic complex emergency: treatment outcomes and experiences in Somalia
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières (MSF), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMédecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provides TB treatment in Galkayo and Marere in Somalia. MSF international supervisory staff withdrew in 2008 owing to insecurity but maintained daily communication with Somali staff. In this paper, we aimed to assess the feasibility of treating TB in a complex emergency setting and describe the programme adaptations implemented to facilitate acceptable treatment outcomes.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Field research in humanitarian medical programmes. Treatment of a cohort of tuberculosis patients using the Manyatta regimen in a conflict zone in South Sudan.
- Authors: Keus K, Houston S, Melaku Y, Burling S
- Issue date: 2003 Nov-Dec
- Poor outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected adolescents undergoing treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Paryani R, Khan S, Mansoor H, Manglani M, Valiyakath A, Saranchuk P, Furin J
- Issue date: 2013
- Risk factors associated with default from multi- and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis treatment, Uzbekistan: a retrospective cohort analysis.
- Authors: Lalor MK, Greig J, Allamuratova S, Althomsons S, Tigay Z, Khaemraev A, Braker K, Telnov O, du Cros P
- Issue date: 2013
- Surgical Care of Pediatric Patients in the Humanitarian Setting: The Médecins Sans Frontières Experience, 2012-2013.
- Authors: Trudeau MO, Baron E, Hérard P, Labar AS, Lassalle X, Teicher CL, Rothstein DH
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Ambulatory multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected patients in a slum setting in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Cox HS, Varghese B, Montaldo C, Da Silva E, Mansoor H, Ladomirska J, Sotgiu G, Migliori GB, Pontali E, Saranchuk P, Rodrigues C, Reid T
- Issue date: 2011