The effect of insecticide-treated bed nets on the incidence and prevalence of malaria in children in an area of unstable seasonal transmission in western Myanmar
AuthorsSmithuis, Frank M
Kyaw, Moe Kyaw
Phe, U Ohn
van der Broek, Ingrid
Kager, Piet A
Simpson, Julie A
White, Nicholas J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInsecticide-treated bed nets (ITN) reduce malaria morbidity and mortality consistently in Africa, but their benefits have been less consistent in Asia. This study's objective was to evaluate the malaria protective efficacy of village-wide usage of ITN in Western Myanmar and estimate the cost-effectiveness of ITN compared with extending early diagnosis and treatment services.
- Insecticide-treated nets for preventing malaria.
- Authors: Pryce J, Richardson M, Lengeler C
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 6
- Entomological determinants of insecticide-treated bed net effectiveness in Western Myanmar.
- Authors: Smithuis FM, Kyaw MK, Phe UO, van der Broek I, Katterman N, Rogers C, Almeida P, Kager PA, Stepniewska K, Lubell Y, Simpson JA, White NJ
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 11
- Indoor residual spraying for preventing malaria.
- Authors: Pluess B, Tanser FC, Lengeler C, Sharp BL
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 14
- Enhanced protection against malaria by indoor residual spraying in addition to insecticide treated nets: is it dependent on transmission intensity or net usage?
- Authors: West PA, Protopopoff N, Wright A, Kivaju Z, Tigererwa R, Mosha FW, Kisinza W, Rowland M, Kleinschmidt I
- Issue date: 2015
- A cohort study of the effectiveness of insecticide-treated bed nets to prevent malaria in an area of moderate pyrethroid resistance, Malawi.
- Authors: Lindblade KA, Mwandama D, Mzilahowa T, Steinhardt L, Gimnig J, Shah M, Bauleni A, Wong J, Wiegand R, Howell P, Zoya J, Chiphwanya J, Mathanga DP
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 28