Treatment Response and Mortality among Patients Starting Antiretroviral Therapy with and without Kaposi Sarcoma: A Cohort Study
Fox, Matthew P
van Cutsem, Gilles
for IeDEA Southern Africa
AffiliationHealth Economics and Epidemiology Research Office, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractImproved survival among HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy (ART) has focused attention on AIDS-related cancers including Kaposi sarcoma (KS). However, the effect of KS on response to ART is not well-described in Southern Africa. We assessed the effect of KS on survival and immunologic and virologic treatment responses at 6- and 12-months after initiation of ART.
- Association of CD4+ T-cell Count, HIV-1 RNA Viral Load, and Antiretroviral Therapy With Kaposi Sarcoma Risk Among HIV-infected Persons in the United States and Canada.
- Authors: Dubrow R, Qin L, Lin H, Hernández-Ramírez RU, Neugebauer RS, Leyden W, Althoff KN, Achenbach CJ, Hessol NA, Modur SP, DʼSouza G, Bosch RJ, Grover S, Horberg MA, Kitahata MM, Mayor AM, Novak RM, Rabkin CS, Sterling TR, Goedert JJ, Justice AC, Engels EA, Moore RD, Silverberg MJ, North American AIDS Cohort Collaboration on Research and Design of the International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS.
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- Kaposi's Sarcoma in HIV-infected patients in South Africa: Multicohort study in the antiretroviral therapy era.
- Authors: Bohlius J, Valeri F, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Garone D, Sengayi M, Fox MP, Davies MA, Egger M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 1
- Incidence rate of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in Southern Africa: a prospective multicohort study.
- Authors: Rohner E, Valeri F, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Rabie H, Garone D, Dickinson D, Chimbetete C, Lumano-Mulenga P, Sikazwe I, Wyss N, Clough-Gorr KM, Egger M, Chi BH, Bohlius J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 15
- Predictors of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome-associated with kaposi sarcoma in mozambique: a prospective study.
- Authors: Letang E, Almeida JM, Miró JM, Ayala E, White IE, Carrilho C, Bastos R, Nhampossa T, Menéndez C, Campbell TB, Alonso PL, Naniche D
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome associated with Kaposi sarcoma: higher incidence and mortality in Africa than in the UK.
- Authors: Letang E, Lewis JJ, Bower M, Mosam A, Borok M, Campbell TB, Naniche D, Newsom-Davis T, Shaik F, Fiorillo S, Miro JM, Schellenberg D, Easterbrook PJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 19