Outcomes for Efavirenz versus Nevirapine-Containing Regimens for Treatment of HIV-1 Infection: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
AffiliationWits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is conflicting evidence and practice regarding the use of the non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI) efavirenz (EFV) and nevirapine (NVP) in first-line antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- Efavirenz or nevirapine in three-drug combination therapy with two nucleoside or nucleotide-reverse transcriptase inhibitors for initial treatment of HIV infection in antiretroviral-naïve individuals.
- Authors: Mbuagbaw L, Mursleen S, Irlam JH, Spaulding AB, Rutherford GW, Siegfried N
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 10
- Efavirenz or nevirapine in three-drug combination therapy with two nucleoside-reverse transcriptase inhibitors for initial treatment of HIV infection in antiretroviral-naïve individuals.
- Authors: Mbuagbaw LC, Irlam JH, Spaulding A, Rutherford GW, Siegfried N
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 8
- Comparison of genotypic resistance profiles and virological response between patients starting nevirapine and efavirenz in EuroSIDA.
- Authors: Bannister WP, Ruiz L, Cozzi-Lepri A, Mocroft A, Kirk O, Staszewski S, Loveday C, Karlsson A, Monforte Ad, Clotet B, Lundgren JD, EuroSIDA study group.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 30
- Comparative durability of nevirapine versus efavirenz in first-line regimens during the first year of initiating antiretroviral therapy among Swaziland HIV-infected adults.
- Authors: Takuva S, Evans D, Zuma K, Okello V, Louwagie G
- Issue date: 2013
- Choice of initial antiretroviral drugs and treatment outcomes among HIV-infected patients in sub-Saharan Africa: systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.
- Authors: Ayele TA, Worku A, Kebede Y, Alemu K, Kasim A, Shkedy Z
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 25