HPV infection, cervical abnormalities, and cancer in HIV-infected women in Mumbai, India: 12-month follow-up.
Silva, E D
Ntzani, E E
AffiliationMédecins sans Frontières, Mumbai, India ; Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHIV-infected women are at a higher risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) and cancer than women in the general population, partly due to a high prevalence of persistent human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. The aim of the study was to assess the burden of HPV infection, cervical abnormalities, and cervical cancer among a cohort of HIV-infected women as part of a routine screening in an urban overpopulated slum setting in Mumbai, India.
- Risk of cervical precancer and cancer among HIV-infected women with normal cervical cytology and no evidence of oncogenic HPV infection.
- Authors: Keller MJ, Burk RD, Xie X, Anastos K, Massad LS, Minkoff H, Xue X, D'Souza G, Watts DH, Levine AM, Castle PE, Colie C, Palefsky JM, Strickler HD
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 25
- Comparison of human papillomavirus DNA testing and repeat Papanicolaou test in women with low-grade cervical cytologic abnormalities: a randomized trial. HPV Effectiveness in Lowgrade Paps (HELP) Study No. 1 Group.
- Authors: Lytwyn A, Sellors JW, Mahony JB, Daya D, Chapman W, Ellis N, Roth P, Lorincz AT, Gafni A
- Issue date: 2000 Sep 19
- Human papillomavirus infection in HIV-1 infected women in Catalonia (Spain): implications for prevention of cervical cancer.
- Authors: Stuardo V, Agustí C, Godinez JM, Montoliu A, Torné A, Tarrats A, Alcalde C, Martín D, Fernández-Montoli E, Vanrell C, Solé J, Canet Y, Marqueta JM, Mohamed J, Cuenca I, Lonca M, Sirera G, Ferrer E, Domingo P, Lloveras B, Miro JM, De Sanjosé S, Casabona J
- Issue date: 2012
- Risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia among HIV-infected women.
- Authors: Lehtovirta P, Paavonen J, Heikinheimo O
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Distribution of human papillomavirus types in ThinPrep Papanicolaou tests classified according to the Bethesda 2001 terminology and correlations with patient age and biopsy outcomes.
- Authors: Evans MF, Adamson CS, Papillo JL, St John TL, Leiman G, Cooper K
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 1