HPV infection, cervical abnormalities, and cancer in HIV-infected women in Mumbai, India: 12-month follow-up.
Silva, E D
Ntzani, E E
AffiliationMédecins sans Frontières, Mumbai, India ; Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHIV-infected women are at a higher risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) and cancer than women in the general population, partly due to a high prevalence of persistent human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. The aim of the study was to assess the burden of HPV infection, cervical abnormalities, and cervical cancer among a cohort of HIV-infected women as part of a routine screening in an urban overpopulated slum setting in Mumbai, India.
- Risk of cervical precancer and cancer among HIV-infected women with normal cervical cytology and no evidence of oncogenic HPV infection.
- Authors: Keller MJ, Burk RD, Xie X, Anastos K, Massad LS, Minkoff H, Xue X, D'Souza G, Watts DH, Levine AM, Castle PE, Colie C, Palefsky JM, Strickler HD
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 25
- Comparison of human papillomavirus DNA testing and repeat Papanicolaou test in women with low-grade cervical cytologic abnormalities: a randomized trial. HPV Effectiveness in Lowgrade Paps (HELP) Study No. 1 Group.
- Authors: Lytwyn A, Sellors JW, Mahony JB, Daya D, Chapman W, Ellis N, Roth P, Lorincz AT, Gafni A
- Issue date: 2000 Sep 19
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus infection & cervical abnormalities in HIV-positive women in eastern India.
- Authors: Chakravarty J, Chourasia A, Thakur M, Singh AK, Sundar S, Agrawal NR
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Cervical cytological abnormalities and human papilloma virus infection in women infected with HIV in Southern India.
- Authors: Thunga S, Andrews A, Ramapuram J, Satyamoorthy K, Kini H, Unnikrishnan B, Adhikari P, Singh P, Kabekkodu SP, Bhat S, Kadam A, Shetty AK
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Prevalence of Specific Types of Human Papiloma Virus in Cervical Intraepithelial Lesions and Cervical Cancer in Macedonian Women.
- Authors: Aleksioska-Papestiev I, Chibisheva V, Micevska M, Dimitrov G
- Issue date: 2018 Feb