Tuberculosis in antiretroviral treatment programs in lower income countries: availability and use of diagnostics and screening.
Dusingize, J C
Cortes, C P
Gnokoro, J C
Sterling, T R
AffiliationInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland ; Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland ; University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn resource-constrained settings, tuberculosis (TB) is a common opportunistic infection and cause of death in HIV-infected persons. TB may be present at the start of antiretroviral therapy (ART), but it is often under-diagnosed. We describe approaches to TB diagnosis and screening of TB in ART programs in low- and middle-income countries.
- Tuberculosis in Pediatric Antiretroviral Therapy Programs in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Diagnosis and Screening Practices.
- Authors: Ballif M, Renner L, Claude Dusingize J, Leroy V, Ayaya S, Wools-Kaloustian K, Cortes CP, McGowan CC, Graber C, Mandalakas AM, Mofenson LM, Egger M, Kumara Wati KD, Nallusamy R, Reubenson G, Davies MA, Fenner L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA)., International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS IeDEA.
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Intensified tuberculosis case-finding in HIV-positive adults managed at Ethiopian health centers: diagnostic yield of Xpert MTB/RIF compared with smear microscopy and liquid culture.
- Authors: Balcha TT, Sturegård E, Winqvist N, Skogmar S, Reepalu A, Jemal ZH, Tibesso G, Schön T, Björkman P
- Issue date: 2014
- Screening for HIV-associated tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance before antiretroviral therapy using the Xpert MTB/RIF assay: a prospective study.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Brooks SV, Kranzer K, Nicol MP, Whitelaw A, Vogt M, Bekker LG, Wood R
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Diagnosis and clinical outcomes of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in antiretroviral therapy programmes in low- and middle-income countries: a multicohort study.
- Authors: Zürcher K, Ballif M, Kiertiburanakul S, Chenal H, Yotebieng M, Grinsztejn B, Michael D, Sterling TR, Ngonyani KM, Mandalakas AM, Egger M, Pettit AC, Fenner L, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) consortium.
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Xpert® MTB/RIF assay for pulmonary tuberculosis and rifampicin resistance in adults.
- Authors: Steingart KR, Schiller I, Horne DJ, Pai M, Boehme CC, Dendukuri N
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 21