Tuberculosis in antiretroviral treatment programs in lower income countries: availability and use of diagnostics and screening.
Dusingize, J C
Cortes, C P
Gnokoro, J C
Sterling, T R
AffiliationInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland ; Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland ; University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn resource-constrained settings, tuberculosis (TB) is a common opportunistic infection and cause of death in HIV-infected persons. TB may be present at the start of antiretroviral therapy (ART), but it is often under-diagnosed. We describe approaches to TB diagnosis and screening of TB in ART programs in low- and middle-income countries.
- Tuberculosis in Pediatric Antiretroviral Therapy Programs in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Diagnosis and Screening Practices.
- Authors: Ballif M, Renner L, Claude Dusingize J, Leroy V, Ayaya S, Wools-Kaloustian K, Cortes CP, McGowan CC, Graber C, Mandalakas AM, Mofenson LM, Egger M, Kumara Wati KD, Nallusamy R, Reubenson G, Davies MA, Fenner L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA)., International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS IeDEA.
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Intensified tuberculosis case-finding in HIV-positive adults managed at Ethiopian health centers: diagnostic yield of Xpert MTB/RIF compared with smear microscopy and liquid culture.
- Authors: Balcha TT, Sturegård E, Winqvist N, Skogmar S, Reepalu A, Jemal ZH, Tibesso G, Schön T, Björkman P
- Issue date: 2014
- Comparison of Xpert MTB/RIF with other nucleic acid technologies for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis in a high HIV prevalence setting: a prospective study.
- Authors: Scott LE, McCarthy K, Gous N, Nduna M, Van Rie A, Sanne I, Venter WF, Duse A, Stevens W
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Evaluation of the Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of tuberculosis and rifampin resistance in county-level laboratories in Hunan province, China.
- Authors: Hu P, Bai L, Liu F, Ou X, Zhang Z, Yi S, Chen Z, Gong D, Liu B, Guo J, Tan Y
- Issue date: 2014
- Use of the Xpert(®) MTB/RIF assay for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis comorbidity and multidrug-resistant TB in obstetrics and gynaecology inpatient wards at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia.
- Authors: Bates M, Ahmed Y, Chilukutu L, Tembo J, Cheelo B, Sinyangwe S, Kapata N, Maeurer M, O'Grady J, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Sep