Community-based measles mortality surveillance in two districts of Katanga Province, Democratic Republic of Congo
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Research Notes
AbstractMortality due to measles is often under-reported. Traditional methods of measuring mortality can be time and resource-intensive. We describe the implementation of a community-based method to monitor measles mortality.
- Measles in Democratic Republic of Congo: an outbreak description from Katanga, 2010-2011.
- Authors: Grout L, Minetti A, Hurtado N, François G, Fermon F, Chatelain A, Harczi G, Ngoie Jde D, N'Goran A, Luquero FJ, Grais RF, Porten K
- Issue date: 2013 May 22
- Antecedent causes of a measles resurgence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Authors: Scobie HM, Ilunga BK, Mulumba A, Shidi C, Coulibaly T, Obama R, Tamfum JJ, Simbu EP, Smit SB, Masresha B, Perry RT, Alleman MM, Kretsinger K, Goodson J
- Issue date: 2015
- The effect of immunization on measles incidence in the Democratic Republic of Congo: Results from a model of surveillance data.
- Authors: Doshi RH, Shidi C, Mulumba A, Eckhoff P, Nguyen C, Hoff NA, Gerber S, Okitolonda E, Ilunga BK, Rimoin AW
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 27
- Field evaluation of measles vaccine effectiveness among children in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Doshi RH, Mukadi P, Shidi C, Mulumba A, Hoff NA, Gerber S, Okitolonda-Wemakoy E, Ilunga BK, Muyembe JJ, Rimoin AW
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 26
- Risk factors for measles mortality and the importance of decentralized case management during an unusually large measles epidemic in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo in 2013.
- Authors: Gignoux E, Polonsky J, Ciglenecki I, Bichet M, Coldiron M, Thuambe Lwiyo E, Akonda I, Serafini M, Porten K
- Issue date: 2018