Risk Factors for Visceral Leishmaniasis Relapse in Immunocompetent Patients following Treatment with 20 mg/kg Liposomal Amphotericin B (Ambisome) in Bihar, India
Sinha, Prabhat K
Lima, María Angeles
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractA proportion of all immunocompetent patients treated for visceral leishmaniasis (VL) are known to relapse; however, the risk factors for relapse are not well understood. With the support of the Rajendra Memorial Research Institute (RMRI), Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) implemented a program in Bihar, India, using intravenous liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) as a first-line treatment for VL. The aim of this study was to identify risk factors for VL relapse by examining the characteristics of immunocompetent patients who relapsed following this regimen.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Five-year field results and long-term effectiveness of 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Balasegaram M, Das P
- Issue date: 2014
- Post Kala-Azar dermal leishmaniasis following treatment with 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for primary visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Sanz MG, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014
- Limited effectiveness of high-dose liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in an Ethiopian population with high HIV prevalence.
- Authors: Ritmeijer K, ter Horst R, Chane S, Aderie EM, Piening T, Collin SM, Davidson RN
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Visceral leishmaniasis and HIV co-infection in Bihar, India: long-term effectiveness and treatment outcomes with liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome).
- Authors: Burza S, Mahajan R, Sinha PK, van Griensven J, Pandey K, Lima MA, Sanz MG, Sunyoto T, Kumar S, Mitra G, Kumar R, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- The initial effectiveness of liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) and miltefosine combination for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in HIV co-infected patients in Ethiopia: A retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Abongomera C, Diro E, de Lima Pereira A, Buyze J, Stille K, Ahmed F, van Griensven J, Ritmeijer K
- Issue date: 2018 May