Intensified Tuberculosis Case Finding among Malnourished Children in Nutritional Rehabilitation Centres of Karnataka, India: Missed Opportunities
AuthorsBhat, P G
Kumar, A M V
Nair, S A
Enarson, D A
Reid, A J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSevere acute malnutrition (SAM) is the most serious form of malnutrition affecting children under-five and is associated with many infectious diseases including Tuberculosis (TB). In India, nutritional rehabilitation centres (NRCs) have been recently established for the management of SAM including TB. The National TB Programme (NTP) in India has introduced a revised algorithm for diagnosing paediatric TB. We aimed to examine whether NRCs adhered to these guidelines in diagnosing TB among SAM children.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Can Intensified Tuberculosis Case Finding Efforts at Nutrition Rehabilitation Centers Lead to Pediatric Case Detection in Bihar, India?
- Authors: Pathak RR, Mishra BK, Moonan PK, Nair SA, Kumar AM, Gandhi MP, Mannan S, Ghosh S
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 30
- Tuberculosis caseload in children with severe acute malnutrition related with high hospital based mortality in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Authors: Munthali T, Chabala C, Chama E, Mugode R, Kapata N, Musonda P, Michelo C
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 12
- Efficacy of outreach nutrition rehabilitation centres in reducing mortality and improving nutritional outcome of severely malnourished children in Guinea Bissau.
- Authors: Perra A, Costello AM
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Uptake of HIV testing and outcomes within a Community-based Therapeutic Care (CTC) programme to treat severe acute malnutrition in Malawi: a descriptive study.
- Authors: Bahwere P, Piwoz E, Joshua MC, Sadler K, Grobler-Tanner CH, Guerrero S, Collins S
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 31
- Differential Levels of Alpha-2-Macroglobulin, Haptoglobin and Sero-Transferrin as Adjunct Markers for TB Diagnosis and Disease Progression in the Malnourished Tribal Population of Melghat, India.
- Authors: Bapat PR, Satav AR, Husain AA, Shekhawat SD, Kawle AP, Chu JJ, Purohit HJ, Daginawala HF, Taori GM, Kashyap RS
- Issue date: 2015