Profile and treatment outcomes of elderly patients with tuberculosis in Delhi, India: implications for their management
Tayler Smith, K
Kannan, A T
Enarson, D A
Nagar, R K
AffiliationDepartment of Community Medicine, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi, India
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGiven India's high rate of TB, rising burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and growing elderly population, elderly TB patients may be at higher risk of adverse outcomes including death, loss-to-follow-up (LTFU) and treatment failure. This may call for modifications in their management. This study thus aimed to compare the profile and treatment outcomes between elderly (≥60 years) and non-elderly (15-59 years) TB patients.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Profile and response to anti-tuberculosis treatment among elderly tuberculosis patients treated under the TB Control programme in South India.
- Authors: Velayutham BR, Nair D, Chandrasekaran V, Raman B, Sekar G, Watson B, Charles N, Malaisamy M, Thomas A, Swaminathan S
- Issue date: 2014
- The profile and treatment outcomes of the older (aged 60 years and above) tuberculosis patients in Tamilnadu, South India.
- Authors: Ananthakrishnan R, Kumar K, Ganesh M, Kumar AM, Krishnan N, Swaminathan S, Edginton M, K A, Gupta D
- Issue date: 2013
- Profile and treatment outcomes of tuberculosis in the elderly in southeastern Nigeria, 2011-2012.
- Authors: Oshi DC, Oshi SN, Alobu I, Ukwaja KN
- Issue date: 2014
- Characteristics and programme-defined treatment outcomes among childhood tuberculosis (TB) patients under the national TB programme in Delhi.
- Authors: Satyanarayana S, Shivashankar R, Vashist RP, Chauhan LS, Chadha SS, Dewan PK, Wares F, Sahu S, Singh V, Wilson NC, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 12
- Investigating gender disparities in the profile and treatment outcomes of tuberculosis in Ebonyi state, Nigeria.
- Authors: Oshi SN, Alobu I, Ukwaja KN, Oshi DC
- Issue date: 2015 Apr