Mental disorders, disability and treatment gap in a protracted refugee setting
AffiliationAugusto E. Llosa, PhD, Epicentre, Paris, France; Zeina Ghantous, MPH, Médecins Sans Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland; Renato Souza, MD, Médecins Sans Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland, and Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of São Paulo, Brazil; Fabio Forgione, MSc, Pierre Bastin, MD, Alison Jones, MSc, Annick Antierens, MD, Andrei Slavuckij, MD, Médecins Sans Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland; Rebecca. F. Grais, PhD, Epicentre, Paris, France.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBritish Journal of Psychiatry
AbstractStudies have shown high levels of distress and mental disorder among people living in refugee camps, yet none has confirmed diagnosis through clinical reappraisal.
- A two-phase approach for the identification of refugees with priority need for mental health care in Lebanon: a validation study.
- Authors: Llosa AE, Van Ommeren M, Kolappa K, Ghantous Z, Souza R, Bastin P, Slavuckij A, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 18
- Mental, neurological, and substance use problems among refugees in primary health care: analysis of the Health Information System in 90 refugee camps.
- Authors: Kane JC, Ventevogel P, Spiegel P, Bass JK, van Ommeren M, Tol WA
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 24
- Factors associated with poor mental health among Guatemalan refugees living in Mexico 20 years after civil conflict.
- Authors: Sabin M, Lopes Cardozo B, Nackerud L, Kaiser R, Varese L
- Issue date: 2003 Aug 6
- Mental health of Cambodian refugees 2 decades after resettlement in the United States.
- Authors: Marshall GN, Schell TL, Elliott MN, Berthold SM, Chun CA
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 3
- Prevalence of depression symptoms and associated sociodemographic and clinical correlates among Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Authors: Naal H, Nabulsi D, El Arnaout N, Abdouni L, Dimassi H, Harb R, Saleh S
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 26