Development of a cross-over randomized trial method to determine the acceptability and safety of novel ready-to-use therapeutic foods
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo develop a method for determining the acceptability and safety of ready-to-use therapeutic foods (RUTF) before clinical trialing. Acceptability was defined using a combination of three consumption, nine safety, and six preference criteria. These were used to compare a soy/maize/sorghum RUTF (SMS-RUTFh), designed for the rehabilitation of human immunodeficiency virus/tuberculosis (HIV/TB) wasted adults, with a peanut-butter/milk-powder paste (P-RUTF; brand: Plumpy'nut) designed for pediatric treatment.
- Development and acceptability of a novel milk-free soybean-maize-sorghum ready-to-use therapeutic food (SMS-RUTF) based on industrial extrusion cooking process.
- Authors: Owino VO, Irena AH, Dibari F, Collins S
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Acceptability and impact on anthropometry of a locally developed ready-to-use therapeutic food in pre-school children in Vietnam.
- Authors: Nga TT, Nguyen M, Mathisen R, Hoa do TB, Minh NH, Berger J, Wieringa FT
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 15
- Cereals and pulse-based ready-to-use therapeutic food as an alternative to the standard milk- and peanut paste-based formulation for treating severe acute malnutrition: a noninferiority, individually randomized controlled efficacy clinical trial.
- Authors: Bahwere P, Balaluka B, Wells JC, Mbiribindi CN, Sadler K, Akomo P, Dramaix-Wilmet M, Collins S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Acceptability of Two Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Foods by HIV-Positive Patients in Vietnam.
- Authors: Brown M, Nga TT, Hoang MA, Maalouf-Manasseh Z, Hammond W, Thuc TM, Minh TH, Hop TL, Berger J, Wieringa FT
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Soya, maize and sorghum ready-to-use therapeutic foods are more effective in correcting anaemia and iron deficiency than the standard ready-to-use therapeutic food: randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Akomo P, Bahwere P, Murakami H, Banda C, Maganga E, Kathumba S, Sadler K, Collins S
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 24