Mental health services for children exposed to armed conflict: Médecins Sans Frontières' experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq and the occupied Palestinian territory
AffiliationThe Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, 0200, Australia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractArmed conflict has broad-ranging impacts on the mental health and wellbeing of children and adolescents. Mental health needs greatly exceed service provision in conflict settings, particularly for these age groups. The provision and targeting of appropriate services requires better understanding of the characteristics and requirements of children and adolescents exposed to armed conflict.
PublisherW.S. Maney & Son Ltd
- One size fits all? Standardised provision of care for survivors of sexual violence in conflict and post-conflict areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Loko Roka J, Van den Bergh R, Au S, De Plecker E, Zachariah R, Manzi M, Lambert V, Abi-Aad E, Nanan-N'Zeth K, Nzuya S, Omba B, Shako C, MuishaBaroki D, Basimuoneye JP, Moke DA, Lampaert E, Masangu L, De Weggheleire A
- Issue date: 2014
- A systematic review on the mental health of children and adolescents in areas of armed conflict in the Middle East.
- Authors: Dimitry L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Counselling in humanitarian settings: a retrospective analysis of 18 individual-focused non-specialised counselling programmes.
- Authors: Shanks L, Ariti C, Siddiqui MR, Pintaldi G, Venis S, de Jong K, Denault M
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 16
- Perioperative mortality: Analysis of 3 years of operative data across 7 general surgical projects of Médecins Sans Frontières in Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, and South Sudan.
- Authors: Davies JF, Lenglet A, van Wijhe M, Ariti C
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Mortality rates above emergency threshold in population affected by conflict in North Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo, July 2012-April 2013.
- Authors: Carrión Martín AI, Bil K, Salumu P, Baabo D, Singh J, Kik C, Lenglet A
- Issue date: 2014 Sep