Multidrug- and isoniazid-resistant tuberculosis in three high HIV burden African regions
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite major progress in the surveillance of drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB), data are lacking for many low-resource countries. World Health Organization estimates of multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) rates in Africa are low, and based on very limited data from the African continent.
- The evolving epidemic of drug-resistant tuberculosis among children in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Seddon JA, Hesseling AC, Marais BJ, Jordaan A, Victor T, Schaaf HS
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Rifampicin mono-resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a significant phenomenon in a high prevalence TB-HIV region.
- Authors: Coovadia YM, Mahomed S, Pillay M, Werner L, Mlisana K
- Issue date: 2013
- Epidemic levels of drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR and XDR-TB) in a high HIV prevalence setting in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Cox HS, McDermid C, Azevedo V, Muller O, Coetzee D, Simpson J, Barnard M, Coetzee G, van Cutsem G, Goemaere E
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- First-line anti-tuberculosis drug resistance patterns and trends at the national TB referral center in Iran--eight years of surveillance.
- Authors: Shamaei M, Marjani M, Chitsaz E, Kazempour M, Esmaeili M, Farnia P, Tabarsi P, Amiri MV, Mirsaeidi M, Mansouri D, Masjedi MR, Velayati AA
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Molecular and phenotypic characterisation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis resistant to anti-tuberculosis drugs.
- Authors: Imperiale BR, Zumárraga MJ, Di Giulio AB, Cataldi AA, Morcillo NS
- Issue date: 2013 Aug