Local discrepancies in measles vaccination opportunities: results of population-based surveys in Sub-Saharan Africa
Juan Giner, A
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Public Health
AbstractThe World Health Organization recommends African children receive two doses of measles containing vaccine (MCV) through routine programs or supplemental immunization activities (SIA). Moreover, children have an additional opportunity to receive MCV through outbreak response immunization (ORI) mass campaigns in certain contexts. Here, we present the results of MCV coverage by dose estimated through surveys conducted after outbreak response in diverse settings in Sub-Saharan Africa.
PublisherBioMed Central Ltd
- Use of the revised World Health Organization cluster survey methodology to classify measles-rubella vaccination campaign coverage in 47 counties in Kenya, 2016.
- Authors: Subaiya S, Tabu C, N'ganga J, Awes AA, Sergon K, Cosmas L, Styczynski A, Thuo S, Lebo E, Kaiser R, Perry R, Ademba P, Kretsinger K, Onuekwusi I, Gary H, Scobie HM
- Issue date: 2018
- Serogroup A meningococcal conjugate (PsA-TT) vaccine coverage and measles vaccine coverage in Burkina Faso--implications for introduction of PsA-TT into the Expanded Programme on Immunization.
- Authors: Meyer SA, Kambou JL, Cohn A, Goodson JL, Flannery B, Medah I, Messonnier N, Novak R, Diomande F, Djingarey MH, Clark TA, Yameogo I, Fall A, Wannemuehler K
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 17
- Measles control in Sub-Saharan Africa: South Africa as a case study.
- Authors: Verguet S, Jassat W, Hedberg C, Tollman S, Jamison DT, Hofman KJ
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 21
- Demographics, epidemiology and the impact of vaccination campaigns in a measles-free world - Can elimination be maintained?
- Authors: Prada JM, Metcalf CJE, Takahashi S, Lessler J, Tatem AJ, Ferrari M
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 13
- A long-lasting measles epidemic in Maroua, Cameroon 2008-2009: mass vaccination as response to the epidemic.
- Authors: Luquero FJ, Pham-Orsetti H, Cummings DA, Ngaunji PE, Nimpa M, Fermon F, Ngoe N, Sosler S, Strebel P, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2011 Jul