Intensive-Phase Treatment Outcomes among Hospitalized Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis Patients: Results from a Nationwide Cohort in Nigeria
Obasanya, O J
Van den Bergh, R
Kumar, A M V
Hinderaker, S G
Abdurrahman, S T
Cuevas, L E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNigeria is faced with a high burden of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB). Treatment outcomes among MDR-TB patients registered across the globe have been poor, partly due to high loss-to-follow-up. To address this challenge, MDR-TB patients in Nigeria are hospitalized during the intensive-phase(IP) of treatment (first 6-8 months) and are provided with a package of care including standardized MDR-TB treatment regimen, antiretroviral therapy (ART) and cotrimoxazole prophylaxis (CPT) for HIV-infected patients, nutritional and psychosocial support. In this study, we report the end-IP treatment outcomes among them.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Treatment and outcomes in children with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis: A systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis.
- Authors: Harausz EP, Garcia-Prats AJ, Law S, Schaaf HS, Kredo T, Seddon JA, Menzies D, Turkova A, Achar J, Amanullah F, Barry P, Becerra M, Chan ED, Chan PC, Ioana Chiotan D, Crossa A, Drobac PC, Fairlie L, Falzon D, Flood J, Gegia M, Hicks RM, Isaakidis P, Kadri SM, Kampmann B, Madhi SA, Marais E, Mariandyshev A, Méndez-Echevarría A, Moore BK, Nargiza P, Ozere I, Padayatchi N, Ur-Rehman S, Rybak N, Santiago-Garcia B, Shah NS, Sharma S, Shim TS, Skrahina A, Soriano-Arandes A, van den Boom M, van der Werf MJ, van der Werf TS, Williams B, Yablokova E, Yim JJ, Furin J, Hesseling AC, Collaborative Group for Meta-Analysis of Paediatric Individual Patient Data in MDR-TB.
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Impact of the human immunodeficiency virus on early multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment outcomes in Botswana.
- Authors: Hafkin J, Modongo C, Newcomb C, Lowenthal E, MacGregor RR, Steenhoff AP, Friedman H, Bisson GP
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Improved survival in multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients receiving integrated tuberculosis and antiretroviral treatment in the SAPiT Trial.
- Authors: Padayatchi N, Abdool Karim SS, Naidoo K, Grobler A, Friedland G
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Poor outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected adolescents undergoing treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Paryani R, Khan S, Mansoor H, Manglani M, Valiyakath A, Saranchuk P, Furin J
- Issue date: 2013
- Ambulatory multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected patients in a slum setting in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Cox HS, Varghese B, Montaldo C, Da Silva E, Mansoor H, Ladomirska J, Sotgiu G, Migliori GB, Pontali E, Saranchuk P, Rodrigues C, Reid T
- Issue date: 2011