Association of blood lead level with neurological features in 972 children affected by an acute severe lead poisoning outbreak in zamfara state, northern Nigeria.
Ahmed, A O
Dargan, P I
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2010, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) investigated reports of high mortality in young children in Zamfara State, Nigeria, leading to confirmation of villages with widespread acute severe lead poisoning. In a retrospective analysis, we aimed to determine venous blood lead level (VBLL) thresholds and risk factors for encephalopathy using MSF programmatic data from the first year of the outbreak response.
- Description of 3,180 courses of chelation with dimercaptosuccinic acid in children ≤ 5 y with severe lead poisoning in Zamfara, Northern Nigeria: a retrospective analysis of programme data.
- Authors: Thurtle N, Greig J, Cooney L, Amitai Y, Ariti C, Brown MJ, Kosnett MJ, Moussally K, Sani-Gwarzo N, Akpan H, Shanks L, Dargan PI
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Outbreak of fatal childhood lead poisoning related to artisanal gold mining in northwestern Nigeria, 2010.
- Authors: Dooyema CA, Neri A, Lo YC, Durant J, Dargan PI, Swarthout T, Biya O, Gidado SO, Haladu S, Sani-Gwarzo N, Nguku PM, Akpan H, Idris S, Bashir AM, Brown MJ
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Childhood lead poisoning associated with gold ore processing: a village-level investigation-Zamfara State, Nigeria, October-November 2010.
- Authors: Lo YC, Dooyema CA, Neri A, Durant J, Jefferies T, Medina-Marino A, de Ravello L, Thoroughman D, Davis L, Dankoli RS, Samson MY, Ibrahim LM, Okechukwu O, Umar-Tsafe NT, Dama AH, Brown MJ
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- High concentration of blood lead levels among young children in Bagega community, Zamfara - Nigeria and the potential risk factor.
- Authors: Ajumobi OO, Tsofo A, Yango M, Aworh MK, Anagbogu IN, Mohammed A, Umar-Tsafe N, Mohammed S, Abdullahi M, Davis L, Idris S, Poggensee G, Nguku P, Gitta S, Nsubuga P
- Issue date: 2014
- Surveillance for elevated blood lead levels among children--United States, 1997-2001.
- Authors: Meyer PA, Pivetz T, Dignam TA, Homa DM, Schoonover J, Brody D, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 12