Diagnostic and Prognostic Value of Procalcitonin and C-Reactive Protein in Malnourished Children
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEarly recognition of bacterial infections is crucial for their proper management, but is particularly difficult in children with severe acute malnutrition (SAM). The objectives of this study were to evaluate the accuracy of C-reactive protein (CRP) and procalcitonin (PCT) for diagnosing bacterial infections and assessing the prognosis of hospitalized children with SAM, and to determine the reliability of CRP and PCT rapid tests suitable for remote settings.
PublisherAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- C-reactive protein, procalcitonin and the lab-score for detecting serious bacterial infections in febrile children at the emergency department: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: Nijman RG, Moll HA, Smit FJ, Gervaix A, Weerkamp F, Vergouwe Y, de Rijke YB, Oostenbrink R
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Procalcitonin in pediatric emergency departments for the early diagnosis of invasive bacterial infections in febrile infants: results of a multicenter study and utility of a rapid qualitative test for this marker.
- Authors: Fernández Lopez A, Luaces Cubells C, García García JJ, Fernández Pou J, Spanish Society of Pediatric Emergencies.
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Performance of C-reactive protein and procalcitonin to distinguish viral from bacterial and malarial causes of fever in Southeast Asia.
- Authors: Lubell Y, Blacksell SD, Dunachie S, Tanganuchitcharnchai A, Althaus T, Watthanaworawit W, Paris DH, Mayxay M, Peto TJ, Dondorp AM, White NJ, Day NP, Nosten F, Newton PN, Turner P
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 11
- [C reactive protein and procalcitonin levels for the diagnosis of invasive bacterial infections in allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients].
- Authors: Schmidt N, Palma J, King A, Santolaya ME
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Acute phase proteins for the diagnosis of bacterial infection and prediction of mortality in acute complications of cirrhosis.
- Authors: Lazzarotto C, Ronsoni MF, Fayad L, Nogueira CL, Bazzo ML, Narciso-Schiavon JL, de Lucca Schiavon L, Dantas-Corrêa EB
- Issue date: 2013 Jul-Aug