Isoniazid plus antiretroviral therapy to prevent tuberculosis: a randomised double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
AuthorsRangaka, M X
Wilkinson, R J
Glynn, J R
van Cutsem, G
Wilkinson, K A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAntiretroviral therapy reduces the risk of tuberculosis, but tuberculosis is more common in people with HIV than in people without HIV. We aimed to assess the effect of isoniazid preventive therapy on the risk of tuberculosis in people infected with HIV-1 concurrently receiving antiretroviral therapy.
- Empirical tuberculosis therapy versus isoniazid in adult outpatients with advanced HIV initiating antiretroviral therapy (REMEMBER): a multicountry open-label randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Hosseinipour MC, Bisson GP, Miyahara S, Sun X, Moses A, Riviere C, Kirui FK, Badal-Faesen S, Lagat D, Nyirenda M, Naidoo K, Hakim J, Mugyenyi P, Henostroza G, Leger PD, Lama JR, Mohapi L, Alave J, Mave V, Veloso VG, Pillay S, Kumarasamy N, Bao J, Hogg E, Jones L, Zolopa A, Kumwenda J, Gupta A, Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5274 (REMEMBER) Study Team.
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 19
- 6-month versus 36-month isoniazid preventive treatment for tuberculosis in adults with HIV infection in Botswana: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Authors: Samandari T, Agizew TB, Nyirenda S, Tedla Z, Sibanda T, Shang N, Mosimaneotsile B, Motsamai OI, Bozeman L, Davis MK, Talbot EA, Moeti TL, Moffat HJ, Kilmarx PH, Castro KG, Wells CD
- Issue date: 2011 May 7
- Effect of improved tuberculosis screening and isoniazid preventive therapy on incidence of tuberculosis and death in patients with HIV in clinics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: a stepped wedge, cluster-randomised trial.
- Authors: Durovni B, Saraceni V, Moulton LH, Pacheco AG, Cavalcante SC, King BS, Cohn S, Efron A, Chaisson RE, Golub JE
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Isoniazid preventive therapy plus antiretroviral therapy for the prevention of tuberculosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data.
- Authors: Ross JM, Badje A, Rangaka MX, Walker AS, Shapiro AE, Thomas KK, Anglaret X, Eholie S, Gabillard D, Boulle A, Maartens G, Wilkinson RJ, Ford N, Golub JE, Williams BG, Barnabas RV
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of the candidate tuberculosis vaccine MVA85A in healthy adults infected with HIV-1: a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Ndiaye BP, Thienemann F, Ota M, Landry BS, Camara M, Dièye S, Dieye TN, Esmail H, Goliath R, Huygen K, January V, Ndiaye I, Oni T, Raine M, Romano M, Satti I, Sutton S, Thiam A, Wilkinson KA, Mboup S, Wilkinson RJ, McShane H, MVA85A 030 trial investigators.
- Issue date: 2015 Mar