Face to Face with Ebola - An Emergency Care Center in Sierra Leone.
AbstractAt 6 a.m., our medical team arrives at the Ebola case-management center in the Kailahun district of Sierra Leone to take blood samples. At our 80-bed center here near the borders of Liberia and Guinea, 8 new patients were admitted yesterday, 9 need to have a repeat test 72 hours after their symptoms began, and some we hope to discharge today: at least 18 blood samples to obtain. The center currently houses 64 patients in all, 4 of them children less than 5 years of age. We have already seen 2 patients die today. I have been here for 7 . . .
PublisherMassachusetts Medical Society
- Innovation to confront Ebola in Sierra Leone: the community-care-centre model.
- Authors: Michaels-Strasser S, Rabkin M, Lahuerta M, Harripersaud K, Sutton R, Ahoua LN, Ngalamulume B, Franks J, El-Sadr WM
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Ebola obstructs malaria control.
- Authors: Check Hayden E
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 2
- Liberia and Sierra Leone could see 1.4 million Ebola cases by January.
- Authors: McCarthy M
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 24
- UK doctors head home from Ebola frontline.
- Authors: Johnston A, Bartels O
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 25
- Ebola in Sierra Leone: a call for action.
- Authors: Ansumana R, Bonwitt J, Stenger DA, Jacobsen KH
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 26