Decontamination methods for samples preserved in cetylpyridinium chloride and cultured on thin-layer agar.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease : the official journal of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
AbstractLong transportation times of samples to culture laboratories can lead to higher contamination rates and significant loss of viability, resulting in lower culture positivity rates. Thin-layer agar (TLA) is a sensitive culture method for the isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis that has been optimised with N-acetyl-L-cysteine-sodium hydroxide (NALC-NaOH) decontaminated samples. The combination of the TLA culture method and other decontamination procedures has not been extensively validated.
- Application of cetylpyridinium chloride and sodium chloride decontamination method for recovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from clinically suspected cases of pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Authors: Shinu P, Singh V, Nair A, Mehrishi P, Mehta S, Joshi E
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- OMNIgene SPUTUM: A good transport and decontaminating reagent for tuberculosis testing.
- Authors: Asandem DA, Asante-Poku A, Asare P, Aboagye SY, Stephen OW, Danso E, Klevor PM, Hayibor KM, Yeboah-Manu D
- Issue date: 2018 Jul-Sep
- Chemical decontamination with N-acetyl-L-cysteine-sodium hydroxide improves recovery of viable Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis organisms from cultured milk.
- Authors: Bradner L, Robbe-Austerman S, Beitz DC, Stabel JR
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- The impact of repeated NALC/NaOH- decontamination on the performance of Xpert MTB/RIF assay.
- Authors: Rachow A, Saathoff E, Mtafya B, Mapamba D, Mangu C, Rojas-Ponce G, Ntinginya NE, Boeree M, Heinrich N, Gillespie SH, Hoelscher M, PanACEA-Consortium.
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Chlorhexidine decontamination of sputum for culturing Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Authors: Asmar S, Drancourt M
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 5