The kynurenine pathway of tryptophan catabolism, CD4+ T-cell recovery, and mortality among HIV-infected Ugandans initiating antiretroviral therapy.
Weiser, Sheri D
Haberer, Jessica E
Deeks, Steven G
Bangsberg, David R
McCune, Joseph M
Martin, Jeffrey N
Hunt, Peter W
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHuman immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection-induced indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-1 (IDO) expression in activated monocytes and dendritic cells catabolizes tryptophan to kynurenine and other downstream catabolites that inhibit T-cell proliferation and interleukin 17 (IL-17) production. The prognostic significance of this pathway in treated HIV disease is unknown.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Impact of CD8+ T-cell activation on CD4+ T-cell recovery and mortality in HIV-infected Ugandans initiating antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Hunt PW, Cao HL, Muzoora C, Ssewanyana I, Bennett J, Emenyonu N, Kembabazi A, Neilands TB, Bangsberg DR, Deeks SG, Martin JN
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 13
- Host genetic predictors of the kynurenine pathway of tryptophan catabolism among treated HIV-infected Ugandans.
- Authors: Lee SA, Mefford JA, Huang Y, Witte JS, Martin JN, Haas DW, Mclaren PJ, Mushiroda T, Kubo M, Byakwaga H, Hunt PW, Kroetz DL
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 17
- Reversal of the Kynurenine pathway of tryptophan catabolism may improve depression in ART-treated HIV-infected Ugandans.
- Authors: Martinez P, Tsai AC, Muzoora C, Kembabazi A, Weiser SD, Huang Y, Haberer JE, Martin JN, Bangsberg DR, Hunt PW
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 1
- The Kynurenine Pathway of Tryptophan Catabolism and AIDS-Associated Kaposi Sarcoma in Africa.
- Authors: Byakwaga H, Hunt PW, Laker-Oketta M, Glidden DV, Huang Y, Bwana BM, Mocello AR, Bennett J, Walusansa V, Dollard SC, Bangsberg DR, Mbidde EK, Martin JN
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 1
- Immunologic Pathways That Predict Mortality in HIV-Infected Ugandans Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy.
- Authors: Lee S, Byakwaga H, Boum Y, Burdo TH, Williams KC, Lederman MM, Huang Y, Tracy RP, Cao H, Haberer JE, Kembabazi A, Bangsberg DR, Martin JN, Hunt PW
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 15