Mass Treatment to Eliminate Tuberculosis from an Island Population
AuthorsHill, P C
Williams, B G
Marais, B J
Harries, A D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe global target of tuberculosis (TB) elimination by 2050 requires new approaches. Active case finding plus mass prophylactic treatment has been disappointing. We consider mass full anti-tuberculosis treatment as an approach to TB elimination in Kiribati, a Pacific Island nation, with a persistent epidemic of high TB incidence.
- Battling tuberculosis in an island context with a high burden of communicable and non-communicable diseases: epidemiology, progress, and lessons learned in Kiribati, 2000 to 2012.
- Authors: Hoy D, Kienene T, Reiher B, Roth A, Tira T, McKenzie J, Merilles OE, Viney K
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Active tuberculosis risk with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors after treating latent tuberculosis.
- Authors: Kwon M, Sung M, Kwon YJ, Song YG, Lee SW, Park MC, Park YB, Lee SK, Song JJ
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Epidemiology of recurrent tuberculosis in the United States, 1993-2010.
- Authors: Kim L, Moonan PK, Yelk Woodruff RS, Kammerer JS, Haddad MB
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Assessment of Validity of a Blood-Based 3-Gene Signature Score for Progression and Diagnosis of Tuberculosis, Disease Severity, and Treatment Response.
- Authors: Warsinske HC, Rao AM, Moreira FMF, Santos PCP, Liu AB, Scott M, Malherbe ST, Ronacher K, Walzl G, Winter J, Sweeney TE, Croda J, Andrews JR, Khatri P
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 5
- Latent tuberculosis infection in children and adolescents in Russia.
- Authors: Aksenova VA, Vasilyeva IA, Kasaeva TC, Samoilova AG, Pshenichnaya NY, Tyulkova TE
- Issue date: 2020 Mar