Alarming Levels of Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis in HIV-Infected Patients in Metropolitan Mumbai, India
Kumar, A M V
Sachdeva, K S
Rewari, B B
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDrug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) is a looming threat to tuberculosis control in India. However, no countrywide prevalence data are available. The burden of DR-TB in HIV-co-infected patients is likewise unknown. Undiagnosed and untreated DR-TB among HIV-infected patients is a major cause of mortality and morbidity. We aimed to assess the prevalence of DR-TB (defined as resistance to any anti-TB drug) in patients attending public antiretroviral treatment (ART) centers in greater metropolitan Mumbai, India.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Changing prevalence and resistance patterns in children with drug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai.
- Authors: Shah I, Shah F
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Prevalence of multidrug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from HIV seropositive and seronegative patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in north India.
- Authors: Sethi S, Mewara A, Dhatwalia SK, Singh H, Yadav R, Singh K, Gupta D, Wanchu A, Sharma M
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 15
- Epidemic levels of drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR and XDR-TB) in a high HIV prevalence setting in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Cox HS, McDermid C, Azevedo V, Muller O, Coetzee D, Simpson J, Barnard M, Coetzee G, van Cutsem G, Goemaere E
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- A cross-sectional study of tuberculosis drug resistance among previously treated patients in a tertiary hospital in Accra, Ghana: public health implications of standardized regimens.
- Authors: Forson A, Kwara A, Kudzawu S, Omari M, Otu J, Gehre F, de Jong B, Antonio M
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 2
- Resistance patterns among multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients in greater metropolitan Mumbai: trends over time.
- Authors: Dalal A, Pawaskar A, Das M, Desai R, Prabhudesai P, Chhajed P, Rajan S, Reddy D, Babu S, Jayalakshmi TK, Saranchuk P, Rodrigues C, Isaakidis P
- Issue date: 2015