Feasibility of a preventive mass vaccination campaign with two doses of oral cholera vaccine during a humanitarian emergency in South Sudan
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs an adjunct to cholera prevention measures, WHO advises the use of oral cholera vaccine through mass vaccination campaigns in high-risk areas and for vulnerable population groups. We assessed the feasibility and acceptability of a mass vaccination campaign using 1) a predominantly fixed and 2) a mobile door-to-door strategy.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Mass vaccination with a two-dose oral cholera vaccine in a refugee camp.
- Authors: Legros D, Paquet C, Perea W, Marty I, Mugisha NK, Royer H, Neira M, Ivanoff B
- Issue date: 1999
- Mass vaccination with a two-dose oral cholera vaccine in a long-standing refugee camp, Thailand.
- Authors: Phares CR, Date K, Travers P, Déglise C, Wongjindanon N, Ortega L, Bhuket PR
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 2
- Oral cholera vaccine coverage during a preventive door-to-door mass vaccination campaign in Nampula, Mozambique.
- Authors: Semá Baltazar C, Rafael F, Langa JPM, Chicumbe S, Cavailler P, Gessner BD, Pezzoli L, Barata A, Zaina D, Inguane DL, Mengel MA, Munier A
- Issue date: 2018
- First outbreak response using an oral cholera vaccine in Africa: vaccine coverage, acceptability and surveillance of adverse events, Guinea, 2012.
- Authors: Luquero FJ, Grout L, Ciglenecki I, Sakoba K, Traore B, Heile M, Dialo AA, Itama C, Serafini M, Legros D, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2013
- Oral Cholera Vaccine Coverage during an Outbreak and Humanitarian Crisis, Iraq, 2015.
- Authors: Lam E, Al-Tamimi W, Russell SP, Butt MO, Blanton C, Musani AS, Date K
- Issue date: 2017 Jan