One Size Fits All? Standardised Provision of Care for Survivors of Sexual Violence in Conflict and Post-Conflict Areas in the Democratic Republic of Congo
AuthorsLoko Roka, J
Van den Bergh, R
De Plecker, E
Basimuoneye, J P
Moke, D A
De Weggheleire, A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutcomes of sexual violence care programmes may vary according to the profile of survivors, type of violence suffered, and local context. Analysis of existing sexual violence care services could lead to their better adaptation to the local contexts. We therefore set out to compare the Médecins Sans Frontières sexual violence programmes in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in a zone of conflict (Masisi, North Kivu) and post-conflict (Niangara, Haut-Uélé).
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Rejection, acceptance and the spectrum between: understanding male attitudes and experiences towards conflict-related sexual violence in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Kelly J, Albutt K, Kabanga J, Anderson K, VanRooyen M
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 8
- Mental health services for children exposed to armed conflict: Médecins Sans Frontières' experience in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq and the occupied Palestinian territory.
- Authors: Lokuge K, Shah T, Pintaldi G, Thurber K, Martínez-Viciana C, Cristobal M, Palacios L, Dear K, Banks E
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Sexual violence trends between 2004 and 2008 in South Kivu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Bartels SA, Scott JA, Leaning J, Kelly JT, Mukwege D, Joyce NR, VanRooyen MJ
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Demographics and care-seeking behaviors of sexual violence survivors in South Kivu province, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Bartels SA, Scott JA, Leaning J, Kelly JT, Joyce NR, Mukwege D, Vanrooyen MJ
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- A Qualitative Analysis of Disclosure Patterns among Women with Sexual Violence-Related Pregnancies in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Authors: Onyango MA, Burkhardt G, Scott J, Rouhani S, Haider S, Greiner A, Albutt K, Mullen C, VanRooyen M, Bartels S
- Issue date: 2016