Evaluation of the SD BIOLINE HIV/syphilis Duo assay at a rural health center in Southwestern Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Research Notes
AbstractPoint-of-care tests have the capacity to improve healthcare delivery by reducing costs and delay associated with care. A novel point-of-care immunochromatographic test for dual diagnosis of both HIV and syphilis by detecting IgG, IgM and IgA antibodies to HIV, and specific and recombinant Treponema pallidum antigens has recently been developed, but has not been evaluated in rural field settings. We evaluated the performance of the SD Bioline Syphilis/HIV Duo (Duo) assay at a healthcare center in rural Uganda.
- The diagnostic performance evaluation of the SD BIOLINE HIV/syphilis Duo rapid test in southern Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Shimelis T, Tadesse E
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 23
- Clinic-based evaluation study of the diagnostic accuracy of a dual rapid test for the screening of HIV and syphilis in pregnant women in Nigeria.
- Authors: Olugbenga I, Taiwo O, Laverty M, Ngige E, Anyaike C, Bakare R, Ogunleye V, Peterson Maddox BL, Newman DR, Gliddon HD, Ofondu E, Nurse-Findlay S, Taylor MM
- Issue date: 2018
- An evaluation of the SD Bioline HIV/syphilis duo test.
- Authors: Holden J, Goheen J, Jett-Goheen M, Barnes M, Hsieh YH, Gaydos CA
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Field evaluation of a smartphone-based electronic reader of rapid dual HIV and syphilis point-of-care immunoassays.
- Authors: Allan-Blitz LT, Vargas SK, Konda KA, Herbst de Cortina S, Cáceres CF, Klausner JD
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Evaluation of SD Bioline HIV/syphilis Duo rapid test kits in Nepal.
- Authors: Shakya G, Singh DR, Ojha HC, Ojha CR, Mishra SK, Malla K, Chaudhary P, Regmi K
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 26