Adults receiving HIV care before the start of antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa: patient outcomes and associated risk factors
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGaining understanding of the period before antiretroviral therapy (ART) is needed to improve treatment outcomes and to reduce HIV transmission. This study describes the cascade of enrollment in HIV care, pre-ART follow-up, and predictors of mortality and lost to follow-up (LTFU) before ART initiation.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Pediatric Access and Continuity of HIV Care Before the Start of Antiretroviral Therapy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Bastard M, Poulet E, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- The epidemiology of adolescents living with perinatally acquired HIV: A cross-region global cohort analysis.
- Authors: Collaborative Initiative for Paediatric HIV Education and Research (CIPHER) Global Cohort Collaboration., Slogrove AL, Schomaker M, Davies MA, Williams P, Balkan S, Ben-Farhat J, Calles N, Chokephaibulkit K, Duff C, Eboua TF, Kekitiinwa-Rukyalekere A, Maxwell N, Pinto J, Seage G 3rd, Teasdale CA, Wanless S, Warszawski J, Wools-Kaloustian K, Yotebieng M, Timmerman V, Collins IJ, Goodall R, Smith C, Patel K, Paul M, Gibb D, Vreeman R, Abrams EJ, Hazra R, Van Dyke R, Bekker LG, Mofenson L, Vicari M, Essajee S, Penazzato M, Anabwani G, Q Mohapi E, N Kazembe P, Hlatshwayo M, Lumumba M, Goetghebuer T, Thorne C, Galli L, van Rossum A, Giaquinto C, Marczynska M, Marques L, Prata F, Ene L, Okhonskaia L, Rojo P, Fortuny C, Naver L, Rudin C, Le Coeur S, Volokha A, Rouzier V, Succi R, Sohn A, Kariminia A, Edmonds A, Lelo P, Ayaya S, Ongwen P, Jefferys LF, Phiri S, Mubiana-Mbewe M, Sawry S, Renner L, Sylla M, Abzug MJ, Levin M, Oleske J, Chernoff M, Traite S, Purswani M, Chadwick EG, Judd A, Leroy V
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Same-day antiretroviral therapy is associated with increased loss to follow-up in South African public health facilities: a prospective cohort study of patients diagnosed with HIV.
- Authors: Joseph Davey D, Kehoe K, Serrao C, Prins M, Mkhize N, Hlophe K, Sejake S, Malone T
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Factors associated with pre-ART loss-to-follow up in adults in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Evangeli M, Newell ML, McGrath N
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 27
- Access to antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected children aged 0-19 years in the International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) Global Cohort Consortium, 2004-2015: A prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Desmonde S, Tanser F, Vreeman R, Takassi E, Edmonds A, Lumbiganon P, Pinto J, Malateste K, McGowan C, Kariminia A, Yotebieng M, Dicko F, Yiannoutsos C, Mubiana-Mbewe M, Wools-Kaloustian K, Davies MA, Leroy V, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) Pediatric Working Group.
- Issue date: 2018 May