AZT impairs immunological recovery on first-line ART: collaborative analysis of cohort studies in Southern Africa
Affiliationa.Division of International and Environmental Health, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland b.Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland c.Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia d.Khayelitsha ART Programme, Médecins Sans Frontières, Cape Town, South Africa e.The Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Institute of Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa f.Themba Lethu, Johannesburg, South Africa g.Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Stellenbosch and Tygerberg Academic Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa h.Aurum Institute for Health Research, Johannesburg, South Africa i.SolidarMed Lesotho, Lucerne, Switzerland j.HIV private practice, Gaborone, Botswana k.School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAIDS (London, England)
- Anaemia and zidovudine-containing antiretroviral therapy in paediatric antiretroviral programmes in the IeDEA Paediatric West African Database to evaluate AIDS.
- Authors: Renner LA, Dicko F, Kouéta F, Malateste K, Gueye RD, Aka E, Eboua TK, Azondékon A, Okomo U, Touré P, Ekouévi D, Leroy V, IeDEA West Africa Paediatric Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 17
- Response to zidovudine/didanosine-containing combination antiretroviral therapy among HIV-1 subtype C-infected adults in Botswana: two-year outcomes from a randomized clinical trial.
- Authors: Bussmann H, Wester CW, Thomas A, Novitsky V, Okezie R, Muzenda T, Gaolathe T, Ndwapi N, Mawoko N, Widenfelt E, Moyo S, Musonda R, Mine M, Makhema J, Moffat H, Essex M, Degruttola V, Marlink RG
- Issue date: 2009 May 1
- Tenofovir or zidovudine in second-line antiretroviral therapy after stavudine failure in southern Africa.
- Authors: Wandeler G, Gerber F, Rohr J, Chi BH, Orrell C, Chimbetete C, Prozesky H, Boulle A, Hoffmann CJ, Gsponer T, Fox MP, Zwahlen M, Egger M, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2014
- A comparison of two dosing regimens of zidovudine in Thai adults with early symptomatic HIV infection. Conducting clinical HIV trials in South-East Asia.
- Authors: Phanuphak P, Grayson ML, Sirivichayakul S, Suwanagool S, Ruxrungtham K, Hanvanich M, Ratanasuwan W, Ubolyam S, Hughes MD, Wanke CA, Hammer SM
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Triple nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor- vs. nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-containing regimens as first-line therapy: efficacy and durability in a prospective cohort of French HIV-infected patients.
- Authors: Cuzin L, Pugliese P, Bugnon F, Delpierre C, Cua E, Billaud E, Massip P, Raffi F, Dellamonica P
- Issue date: 2005 Nov