Ebola Virus Disease in West Africa - Clinical Manifestations and Management
AuthorsChertow, Daniel S
Edwards, Jeffrey K
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn resource-limited areas, isolation of the sick from the population at large has been the cornerstone of control of Ebola virus disease (EVD) since the virus was discovered in 1976.(1) Although this strategy by itself may be effective in controlling small outbreaks in remote settings, it has offered little hope to infected people and their families in the absence of medical care. In the current West African outbreak, infection control and clinical management efforts are necessarily being implemented on a larger scale than in any previous outbreak, and it is therefore appropriate to reassess traditional efforts at disease management. Having . . .
PublisherMassachusetts Medical Society
DescriptionTo access this article, click on "Additional Links".
- Ebolavirus hemorrhagic fever and the obstetric patient.
- Authors: Pinar H, Goldenberg RL
- Issue date: 2015 Jan-Feb
- Clinical presentation and management of severe Ebola virus disease.
- Authors: West TE, von Saint André-von Arnim A
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- [Training the trainers seminar and analysis of the Ebola virus hemorrhagic fever outbreaks in central Africa from 2001 to 2004. (Brazzaville, Républic of Congo, April 6-8, 2004].
- Authors: Formenty P, Epelboin A, Allarangar Y, Libama F, Boumandouki P, Koné L, Molamou A, Gami N, Mombouli JV, Martinez MG, Ngampo S
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Derivation and Internal Validation of the Ebola Prediction Score for Risk Stratification of Patients With Suspected Ebola Virus Disease.
- Authors: Levine AC, Shetty PP, Burbach R, Cheemalapati S, Glavis-Bloom J, Wiskel T, Kesselly JK
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- The first case of Ebola virus disease acquired outside Africa.
- Authors: Parra JM, Salmerón OJ, Velasco M
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 18