Time is (still) of the essence: quantifying the impact of emergency meningitis vaccination response in Katsina State, Nigeria.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn 2009, a large meningitis A epidemic affected a broad region of northern Nigeria and southern Niger, resulting in more than 75 000 cases and 4000 deaths. In collaboration with state and federal agencies, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) intervened with a large-scale vaccination campaign using polysaccharide vaccine. Here the authors analyze the impact (cases averted) of the vaccination response as a function of the timing and coverage achieved.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Control of epidemic meningococcal meningitis by mass vaccination. I. Further epidemiological evaluation of groups A and C vaccines in northern Nigeria.
- Authors: Mohammed I, Obineche EN, Onyemelukwe GC, Zaruba K
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Large Outbreak of Neisseria meningitidis Serogroup C - Nigeria, December 2016-June 2017.
- Authors: Nnadi C, Oladejo J, Yennan S, Ogunleye A, Agbai C, Bakare L, Abdulaziz M, Mohammed A, Stephens M, Sumaili K, Ronveaux O, Maguire H, Karch D, Dalhat M, Antonio M, Bita A, Okudo I, Nguku P, Novak R, Bolu O, Shuaib F, Ihekweazu C
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 15
- Emergency vaccination against epidemic meningitis in Ghana: implications for the control of meningococcal disease in West Africa.
- Authors: Woods CW, Armstrong G, Sackey SO, Tetteh C, Bugri S, Perkins BA, Rosenstein NE
- Issue date: 2000 Jan 1
- Sequential outbreaks due to a new strain of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C in northern Nigeria, 2013-14.
- Authors: Funk A, Uadiale K, Kamau C, Caugant DA, Ango U, Greig J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 29
- Current status of cerebrospinal meningitis and impact of the 2015 meningococcal C vaccination in Kebbi, Northwest Nigeria.
- Authors: Ajibola O, Omoleke SA, Omisakin OA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 7