Descriptive Epidemiology of Typhoid Fever during an Epidemic in Harare, Zimbabwe, 2012
AuthorsPolonsky, Jonathan A
Van Herp, Michel
Luquero, Francisco J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTyphoid fever remains a significant public health problem in developing countries. In October 2011, a typhoid fever epidemic was declared in Harare, Zimbabwe - the fourth enteric infection epidemic since 2008. To orient control activities, we described the epidemiology and spatiotemporal clustering of the epidemic in Dzivaresekwa and Kuwadzana, the two most affected suburbs of Harare.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Notes from the Field: Typhoid Fever Outbreak - Harare, Zimbabwe, October 2017-February 2018.
- Authors: N'cho HS, Masunda KPE, Mukeredzi I, Manangazira P, Govore E, Duri C, Aubert RD, Martin H, Gonese E, Vere M, Tippett Barr BA, Balachandra S, Strysko J, Davis WW, Appiah GD, Mintz E
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 18
- Typhoid outbreak investigation in Dzivaresekwa, suburb of Harare City, Zimbabwe, 2011.
- Authors: Muti M, Gombe N, Tshimanga M, Takundwa L, Bangure D, Mungofa S, Chonzi P
- Issue date: 2014
- Notes from the field: Salmonella Typhi infections associated with contaminated water--Zimbabwe, October 2011-May 2012.
- Authors: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 15
- Notes from the Field: Typhoid Fever Outbreak - Harare, Zimbabwe, October 2016-March 2017.
- Authors: Davis WW, Chonzi P, Masunda KPE, Shields LM, Mukeredzi I, Manangazira P, Govore E, Aubert RD, Martin H, Gonese E, Ochieng JB, Juma B, Ali H, Allen K, Barr BAT, Mintz E, Appiah GD
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 23
- [Spatial and temporal clustering characteristics of typhoid and paratyphoid fever and its change pattern in 3 provinces in southwestern China, 2001-2012].
- Authors: Wang LX, Yang B, Yan MY, Tang YQ, Liu ZC, Wang RQ, Li S, Ma L, Kan B
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 10