Profile of Trypanosoma cruzi Infection in a Tropical Medicine Reference Center, Northern Italy
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractChagas disease (CD) is endemic in Central and South America, Mexico and even in some areas of the United States. However, cases have been increasingly recorded also in non-endemic countries. The estimated number of infected people in Europe is in a wide range of 14000 to 181000 subjects, mostly resident in Spain, Italy and the United Kingdom.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Toxicity of nifurtimox as second-line treatment after benznidazole intolerance in patients with chronic Chagas disease: when available options fail.
- Authors: Crespillo-Andújar C, Chamorro-Tojeiro S, Norman F, Monge-Maillo B, López-Vélez R, Pérez-Molina JA
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Chagas disease and transfusion medicine: a perspective from non-endemic countries.
- Authors: Angheben A, Boix L, Buonfrate D, Gobbi F, Bisoffi Z, Pupella S, Gandini G, Aprili G
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Chagas disease in Italy: breaking an epidemiological silence.
- Authors: Angheben A, Anselmi M, Gobbi F, Marocco S, Monteiro G, Buonfrate D, Tais S, Talamo M, Zavarise G, Strohmeyer M, Bartalesi F, Mantella A, Di Tommaso M, Aiello Kh, Veneruso G, Graziani G, Ferrari M, Spreafico I, Bonifacio E, Gaiera G, Lanzafame M, Mascarello M, Cancrini G, Albajar-Vinas P, Bisoffi Z, Bartoloni A
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 15
- [Chagas disease].
- Authors: Develoux M, Lescure FX, Le Loup G, Pialoux G
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Course of Chronic Trypanosoma cruzi Infection after Treatment Based on Parasitological and Serological Tests: A Systematic Review of Follow-Up Studies.
- Authors: Sguassero Y, Cuesta CB, Roberts KN, Hicks E, Comandé D, Ciapponi A, Sosa-Estani S
- Issue date: 2015