Training clinicians treating HIV to diagnose cytomegalovirus retinitis
Chan, Khin Nyein
Keenan, Jeremy D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAcquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)-related cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis continues to be a neglected source of blindness in resource-poor settings. The main issue is lack of capacity to diagnose CMV retinitis in the clinical setting where patients receive care and all other opportunistic infections are diagnosed.
PublisherWorld Health Organization
- CMV retinitis screening and treatment in a resource-poor setting: three-year experience from a primary care HIV/AIDS programme in Myanmar.
- Authors: Tun N, London N, Kyaw MK, Smithuis F, Ford N, Margolis T, Drew WL, Lewallen S, Heiden D
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 15
- CMV retinitis in China and SE Asia: the way forward.
- Authors: Heiden D, Saranchuk P
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 24
- CMV Retinitis Diagnosis by Non-ophthalmologists: Learning Curve Over a 4-Day Training Workshop.
- Authors: Maningding E, Tun N, Chan KN, Doshi R, Lietman TM, Heiden D, Keenan JD
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Telemedicine screening for cytomegalovirus retinitis at the point of care for human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Authors: Jirawison C, Yen M, Leenasirimakul P, Chen J, Guadanant S, Kunavisarut P, Patikulsila D, Watanachai N, Ausayakhun S, Heiden D, Holland GN, Margolis TP, Keenan JD
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Endothelial precipitates and laser flare photometry in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: a screening test for cytomegalovirus retinitis?
- Authors: Althaus C, Best J, Hintzmann A, Schimkat M, Hudde T, Cepin A, Sundmacher R
- Issue date: 1996 Nov