Continuing effectiveness of serogroup a meningococcal conjugate vaccine, Chad, 2013
Daugla, D M
Djingarey, M H
Caugant, D A
Trotter, C L
Stuart, J M
Greenwood, B M
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractIn 2011, vaccination with a serogroup A meningococcal polysaccharide conjugate vaccine was implemented in 3 of 23 regions in Chad. Cases of meningitis declined dramatically in vaccinated areas, but an epidemic continued in the rest of Chad. In 2012, the remaining Chad population was vaccinated, and the epidemic was halted.
PublisherCenter for Disease Control
- Effect of a serogroup A meningococcal conjugate vaccine (PsA-TT) on serogroup A meningococcal meningitis and carriage in Chad: a community study [corrected].
- Authors: Daugla DM, Gami JP, Gamougam K, Naibei N, Mbainadji L, Narbé M, Toralta J, Kodbesse B, Ngadoua C, Coldiron ME, Fermon F, Page AL, Djingarey MH, Hugonnet S, Harrison OB, Rebbetts LS, Tekletsion Y, Watkins ER, Hill D, Caugant DA, Chandramohan D, Hassan-King M, Manigart O, Nascimento M, Woukeu A, Trotter C, Stuart JM, Maiden M, Greenwood BM
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 4
- The 1990 meningococcal meningitis epidemic of Sarh (Chad): how useful was an earlier mass vaccination?
- Authors: Lengeler C, Kessler W, Daugla D
- Issue date: 1995 Jun
- Epidemiological changes in meningococcal meningitis in Niger from 2008 to 2011 and the impact of vaccination.
- Authors: Collard JM, Issaka B, Zaneidou M, Hugonnet S, Nicolas P, Taha MK, Greenwood B, Jusot JF
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 6
- Four years of case-based surveillance of meningitis following the introduction of MenAfriVac in Moissala, Chad: lessons learned.
- Authors: Page AL, Coldiron ME, Gamougam K, Acyl MA, Tamadji M, Lastrucci C, Hurtado N, Tehoua FC, Fermon F, Caugant DA, Porten K
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Impact of vaccination during an epidemic of serogroup C meningococcal disease in Salvador, Brazil.
- Authors: Cardoso CW, Pinto LL, Reis MG, Flannery B, Reis JN
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 10