Operative Procedures in the Elderly in Low-Resource Settings: A Review of Médecins Sans Frontières Facilities
AuthorsWong, E G
Mupenda Mwania, J
Kasonga Tshibangu, C
Haq Saqeb, S
Hazrati, K U R
Kushner, A L
MetadataShow full item record
JournalWorld Journal of Surgery
AbstractAs the demographic transition occurs across developing countries, an increasing number of elderly individuals are affected by disasters and conflicts. This study aimed to evaluate the elderly population that underwent an operative procedure at MSF facilities.
- Operative trauma in low-resource settings: The experience of Médecins Sans Frontières in environments of conflict, postconflict, and disaster.
- Authors: Wong EG, Dominguez L, Trelles M, Ayobi S, Hazraty KR, Kasonga C, Basimuoneye JP, Santiague L, Kamal M, Rahmoun A, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Surgery for Conditions of Infectious Etiology in Resource-Limited Countries Affected by Crisis: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels Experience.
- Authors: Sharma D, Hayman K, Stewart BT, Dominguez L, Trelles M, Saqeb S, Kasonga C, Hangi TK, Mupenda J, Naseer A, Wong E, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Surgery for children in low-income countries affected by humanitarian emergencies from 2008 to 2014: The Médecins Sans Frontières Operations Centre Brussels experience.
- Authors: Flynn-O'Brien KT, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Hassani GH, Akemani C, Naseer A, Ntawukiruwabo IB, Kushner AL, Rothstein DH, Stewart BT
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Operative Procedures in the Elderly in Low-Resource Settings: A Review of Médecins Sans Frontières Facilities: Reply.
- Authors: Wong EG, Trelles M, Dominguez L, Mupenda Mwania J, Kasonga Tshibangu C, Saqeb SH, Hazrati KU, Gupta S, Burnham G, Kushner AL
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Surgical Care of Pediatric Patients in the Humanitarian Setting: The Médecins Sans Frontières Experience, 2012-2013.
- Authors: Trudeau MO, Baron E, Hérard P, Labar AS, Lassalle X, Teicher CL, Rothstein DH
- Issue date: 2015 Nov