Temporal Changes in Ebola Transmission in Sierra Leone and Implications for Control Requirements: a Real-time Modelling Study
White, Mark A
Carney, Julia R
Edmunds, W John
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBetween August and November 2014, the incidence of Ebola virus disease (EVD) rose dramatically in several districts of Sierra Leone. As a result, the number of cases exceeded the capacity of Ebola holding and treatment centres. During December, additional beds were introduced, and incidence declined in many areas. We aimed to measure patterns of transmission in different regions, and evaluate whether bed capacity is now sufficient to meet future demand.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Measuring the impact of Ebola control measures in Sierra Leone.
- Authors: Kucharski AJ, Camacho A, Flasche S, Glover RE, Edmunds WJ, Funk S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 17
- A practical community-based response strategy to interrupt Ebola transmission in sierra Leone, 2014-2015.
- Authors: Li ZJ, Tu WX, Wang XC, Shi GQ, Yin ZD, Su HJ, Shen T, Zhang DP, Li JD, Lv S, Cao CL, Xie RQ, Lu HZ, Jiang RM, Cao Z, An ZJ, Li LL, Xu J, Xiong YW, Zang W, Zhang W, Zhang HW, Chen WS, Ling H, Xu W, Cai J, Luo HJ, Xing XS, Zheng CJ, Wei Q, Li XX, Li M, Jiang H, Deng LQ, Chen MQ, Huo X, Xu F, Lai XH, Bai XC, Ye LJ, Yao JY, Yin WW, Sun JJ, Xiao L, Liu FQ, Liu XQ, Fan HW, Kou ZQ, Zhou JK, Zhang H, Ni DX, Samba TT, Li Q, Yu HJ, Wang Y, Liang XF
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 5
- Ebola Virus Disease--Sierra Leone and Guinea, August 2015.
- Authors: Hersey S, Martel LD, Jambai A, Keita S, Yoti Z, Meyer E, Seeman S, Bennett S, Ratto J, Morgan O, Akyeampong MA, Sainvil S, Worrell MC, Fitter D, Arnold KE
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 11
- Estimating the future number of cases in the Ebola epidemic--Liberia and Sierra Leone, 2014-2015.
- Authors: Meltzer MI, Atkins CY, Santibanez S, Knust B, Petersen BW, Ervin ED, Nichol ST, Damon IK, Washington ML, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 26
- Establishment of an Ebola Treatment Unit and Laboratory - Bombali District, Sierra Leone, July 2014-January 2015.
- Authors: Gleason B, Redd J, Kilmarx P, Sesay T, Bayor F, Mozalevskis A, Connolly A, Akpablie J, Prybylski D, Moffett D, King M, Bass M, Joseph K, Jones J, Ocen F
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 9