Health-seeking behaviour and community perceptions of childhood undernutrition and a community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) programme in rural Bihar, India: a qualitative study.
JournalPublic Health Nutrition
AbstractObjective Since 2009, Médecins Sans Frontières has implemented a community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) programme in rural Biraul block, Bihar State, India that has admitted over 10 000 severely malnourished children but has struggled with poor coverage and default rates. With the aim of improving programme outcomes we undertook a qualitative study to understand community perceptions of childhood undernutrition, the CMAM programme and how these affected health-seeking behaviour.
PublisherCambridge University Press
- A case-control study of maternal knowledge of malnutrition and health-care-seeking attitudes in rural South India.
- Authors: Saito K, Korzenik JR, Jekel JF, Bhattacharji S
- Issue date: 1997 Mar-Apr
- Stigma as a barrier to treatment for child acute malnutrition in Marsabit County, Kenya.
- Authors: Bliss JR, Njenga M, Stoltzfus RJ, Pelletier DL
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Community-based management of severe acute malnutrition in India: new evidence from Bihar.
- Authors: Burza S, Mahajan R, Marino E, Sunyoto T, Shandilya C, Tabrez M, Kumari K, Mathew P, Jha A, Salse N, Mishra KN
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Impact of community-based mitanin programme on undernutrition in rural Chhattisgarh State, India.
- Authors: Vir SC, Kalita A, Mondal S, Malik R
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Seasonal effect and long-term nutritional status following exit from a Community-Based Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition program in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Mahajan R, Marino E, Sunyoto T, Shandilya C, Tabrez M, Kumar K, Jha A, Mathew P, Salse N, Casademont C, Mishra NK
- Issue date: 2016 Apr