Low Resistance to First and Second Line Anti-Tuberculosis Drugs among Treatment Naive Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients in Southwestern Uganda
Siedner, M J
Moore, C C
Evans, E E
Boum Ii, Y
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere are limited data on region-specific drug susceptibility of tuberculosis (TB) in Uganda. We performed resistance testing on specimens collected from treatment-naive patients with pulmonary TB in Southwestern Uganda for first and second line anti-TB drugs. We sought to provide data to guide regional recommendations for empiric TB therapy.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Comparison of line probe assay to BACTEC MGIT 960 system for susceptibility testing of first and second-line anti-tuberculosis drugs in a referral laboratory in South Africa.
- Authors: Maningi NE, Malinga LA, Antiabong JF, Lekalakala RM, Mbelle NM
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 28
- Prevalence and detection of drug resistant mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis among drug naïve patients in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Authors: Ogari CO, Nyamache AK, Nonoh J, Amukoye E
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 25
- The diagnostic accuracy of the GenoType(®) MTBDRsl assay for the detection of resistance to second-line anti-tuberculosis drugs.
- Authors: Theron G, Peter J, Richardson M, Barnard M, Donegan S, Warren R, Steingart KR, Dheda K
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 29
- Frequency and patterns of second-line resistance conferring mutations among MDR-TB isolates resistant to a second-line drug from eSwatini, Somalia and Uganda (2014-2016).
- Authors: Kateete DP, Kamulegeya R, Kigozi E, Katabazi FA, Lukoye D, Sebit SI, Abdi H, Arube P, Kasule GW, Musisi K, Dlamini MG, Khumalo D, Joloba ML
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 10
- Detection by GenoType MTBDRsl test of complex mechanisms of resistance to second-line drugs and ethambutol in multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates.
- Authors: Brossier F, Veziris N, Aubry A, Jarlier V, Sougakoff W
- Issue date: 2010 May