Loss from treatment for drug resistant tuberculosis: risk factors and patient outcomes in a community-based program in Khayelitsha, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA community based drug resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) program has been incrementally implemented in Khayelitsha, a high HIV and TB burden community in South Africa. We investigated loss from treatment (LFT), and post treatment outcomes of DR-TB patients in this setting.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Community-based treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Cox H, Hughes J, Daniels J, Azevedo V, McDermid C, Poolman M, Boulle A, Goemaere E, van Cutsem G
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Programmatic treatment outcomes in HIV-infected and uninfected drug-resistant TB patients in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Mohr E, Cox V, Wilkinson L, Moyo S, Hughes J, Daniels J, Muller O, Cox H
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Epidemic levels of drug resistant tuberculosis (MDR and XDR-TB) in a high HIV prevalence setting in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
- Authors: Cox HS, McDermid C, Azevedo V, Muller O, Coetzee D, Simpson J, Barnard M, Coetzee G, van Cutsem G, Goemaere E
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 15
- High prevalence of childhood multi-drug resistant tuberculosis in Johannesburg, South Africa: a cross sectional study.
- Authors: Fairlie L, Beylis NC, Reubenson G, Moore DP, Madhi SA
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 26
- Rifampicin mono-resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a significant phenomenon in a high prevalence TB-HIV region.
- Authors: Coovadia YM, Mahomed S, Pillay M, Werner L, Mlisana K
- Issue date: 2013