Doing no harm? Adverse events in a nation-wide cohort of patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Nigeria
AuthorsAvong, Y K
Hinderaker, S G
Van den Bergh, R
Obembe, B O
Obasanya, J O
Agbaje, A V
Mensah, C O
Dakum, P S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdverse events (AEs) of second line anti-tuberculosis drugs (SLDs) are relatively well documented. However, the actual burden has rarely been described in detail in programmatic settings. We investigated the occurrence of these events in the national cohort of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) patients in Nigeria.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Putting in harm to cure: Drug related adverse events do not affect outcome of patients receiving treatment for multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis. Experience from a tertiary hospital in Italy.
- Authors: Gualano G, Mencarini P, Musso M, Mosti S, Santangelo L, Murachelli S, Cannas A, Di Caro A, Navarra A, Goletti D, Girardi E, Palmieri F
- Issue date: 2019
- Occurrence of adverse events in patient receiving community-based therapy for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Pakistan.
- Authors: Javaid A, Khan MA, Jan F, Rauf M, Khan MA, Basit A, Mehreen S
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Intensive-phase treatment outcomes among hospitalized multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients: results from a nationwide cohort in Nigeria.
- Authors: Oladimeji O, Isaakidis P, Obasanya OJ, Eltayeb O, Khogali M, Van den Bergh R, Kumar AM, Hinderaker SG, Abdurrahman ST, Lawson L, Cuevas LE
- Issue date: 2014
- Severe adverse events during second-line tuberculosis treatment in the context of high HIV Co-infection in South Africa: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Schnippel K, Berhanu RH, Black A, Firnhaber C, Maitisa N, Evans D, Sinanovic E
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 21
- Adverse events among HIV/MDR-TB co-infected patients receiving antiretroviral and second line anti-TB treatment in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Varghese B, Mansoor H, Cox HS, Ladomirska J, Saranchuk P, Da Silva E, Khan S, Paryani R, Udwadia Z, Migliori GB, Sotgiu G, Reid T
- Issue date: 2012