Doing no harm? Adverse events in a nation-wide cohort of patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Nigeria
AuthorsAvong, Y K
Hinderaker, S G
Van den Bergh, R
Obembe, B O
Obasanya, J O
Agbaje, A V
Mensah, C O
Dakum, P S
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdverse events (AEs) of second line anti-tuberculosis drugs (SLDs) are relatively well documented. However, the actual burden has rarely been described in detail in programmatic settings. We investigated the occurrence of these events in the national cohort of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) patients in Nigeria.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Putting in harm to cure: Drug related adverse events do not affect outcome of patients receiving treatment for multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis. Experience from a tertiary hospital in Italy.
- Authors: Gualano G, Mencarini P, Musso M, Mosti S, Santangelo L, Murachelli S, Cannas A, Di Caro A, Navarra A, Goletti D, Girardi E, Palmieri F
- Issue date: 2019
- Intensive-phase treatment outcomes among hospitalized multidrug-resistant tuberculosis patients: results from a nationwide cohort in Nigeria.
- Authors: Oladimeji O, Isaakidis P, Obasanya OJ, Eltayeb O, Khogali M, Van den Bergh R, Kumar AM, Hinderaker SG, Abdurrahman ST, Lawson L, Cuevas LE
- Issue date: 2014
- Adverse events during treatment of drug-resistant tuberculosis: a comparison between patients with or without human immunodeficiency virus co-infection.
- Authors: Sagwa E, Ruswa N, Musasa JP, Mantel-Teeuwisse AK
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Adverse events among HIV/MDR-TB co-infected patients receiving antiretroviral and second line anti-TB treatment in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Varghese B, Mansoor H, Cox HS, Ladomirska J, Saranchuk P, Da Silva E, Khan S, Paryani R, Udwadia Z, Migliori GB, Sotgiu G, Reid T
- Issue date: 2012
- Poor outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected adolescents undergoing treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Paryani R, Khan S, Mansoor H, Manglani M, Valiyakath A, Saranchuk P, Furin J
- Issue date: 2013