Clinical efficacy of chloroquine or sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in children under five from south-western Uganda with uncomplicated falciparum malaria.
AffiliationEpicentre, P.O. Box 2362, Kampala, Uganda.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe conducted a 14-day study (during March-May 1998) to assess the efficacy of chloroquine and sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP) for treating uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Uganda. Overall treatment failure rates were 43 (81.1%) of 53 chloroquine recipients and 16 (25.0%) of 64 SP patients. Strategies to improve the life-span of standard and affordable anti-malarial drugs are needed.
- Improved efficacy with amodiaquine instead of chloroquine in sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine combination treatment of falciparum malaria in Uganda: experience with fixed-dose formulation.
- Authors: Obua C, Gustafsson LL, Aguttu C, Anokbonggo WW, Ogwal-Okeng JW, Chiria J, Hellgren U
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- The comparative efficacy of chloroquine and sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for the treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Kampala, Uganda.
- Authors: Kamya MR, Dorsey G, Gasasira A, Ndeezi G, Babirye JN, Staedke SG, Rosenthal PJ
- Issue date: 2001 Jan-Feb
- Open randomized study of artesunate-amodiaquine vs. chloroquine-pyrimethamine-sulfadoxine for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Nigerian children.
- Authors: Sowunmi A, Fehintola FA, Adedeji AA, Gbotosho GO, Tambo E, Fateye BA, Happi TC, Oduola AM
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- The efficacy of chloroquine, sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine and a combination of both for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in an area of low transmission in western Uganda.
- Authors: Ndyomugyenyi R, Magnussen P, Clarke S
- Issue date: 2004 Jan
- A randomized comparison of oral chloroquine and sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Laos.
- Authors: Mayxay M, Phetsouvanh R, Phompida S, Newton PN, Khanthavong M, Vannachone B, Brockmans A, White NJ
- Issue date: 2003 May-Jun