Characteristics of a cholera outbreak, patterns of Vibrio cholerae and antibiotic susceptibility testing in rural Malawi.
AffiliationDepartment of Infectious Diseases, Reference Centre, Central Hospital, Rue Barble, Luxembourg. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe cumulative cholera attack rate in an epidemic in Malawi in 1999/2000 was 59/100,000 population, case-fatality rate 4%, and 98% of all cases presenting to health facilities required intravenous therapy. Microbiological studies showed high resistance of Vibrio cholerae to commonly recommended antibiotics, predominant Ogawa serotypes and no O139 isolates.
- Epidemiology and antibiotic susceptibility of Vibrio cholerae associated with the 2017 outbreak in Kasese district, Uganda.
- Authors: Iramiot JS, Rwego IB, Kansiime C, Asiimwe BB
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 29
- Antibiotics resistance in El Tor Vibrio cholerae 01 isolated during cholera outbreaks in Mozambique from 2012 to 2015.
- Authors: Dengo-Baloi LC, Semá-Baltazar CA, Manhique LV, Chitio JE, Inguane DL, Langa JP
- Issue date: 2017
- Molecular Epidemiology and Antibiotic Susceptibility of Vibrio cholerae Associated with a Large Cholera Outbreak in Ghana in 2014.
- Authors: Eibach D, Herrera-León S, Gil H, Hogan B, Ehlkes L, Adjabeng M, Kreuels B, Nagel M, Opare D, Fobil JN, May J
- Issue date: 2016 May
- [Etiologic characteristics of Vibrio cholerae in Guangdong province in 2009-2013].
- Authors: Li B, Tan H, Wang D, Ke B, Chen J, He D, Liu M, Ke C, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST) Reports: A Basis for Environmental/Epidemiological Surveillance and Infection Control Amongst Environmental <i>Vibrio cholerae</i>.
- Authors: Igere BE, Okoh AI, Nwodo UU
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 6