Highly active antiretroviral therapy in resource-poor settings: the experience of Medecins Sans Frontieres
AffiliationMedecins Sans Fronteres
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAIDS (London, England)
AbstractWe describe the short-term results of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in seven projects in low and middle income countries. A total of 743 adults were included, and clinical, immunological and virological responses were analysed. At 6 months, outcomes were similar to those observed in western countries, and the probability of remaining on treatment was 94%. The challenge now is to extend access to HAART to the millions in urgent need.
DescriptionTo access this Research Letter, scroll down to page 1995 in the attachment.
- B lymphocyte stimulator protein-associated increase in circulating autoantibody levels may require CD4+ T cells: lessons from HIV-infected patients.
- Authors: Stohl W, Cheema GS, Briggs WS, Xu D, Sosnovtseva S, Roschke V, Ferrara DE, Labat K, Sattler FR, Pierangeli SS, Hilbert DM
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Blood B Lymphocyte Stimulator (BLyS)/BAFF levels may reflect natural immunity to HIV in highly exposed uninfected Beninese Commercial Sex Workers.
- Authors: Sabourin-Poirier C, Fourcade L, Chagnon-Choquet J, Labbé AC, Alary M, Guédou F, Poudrier J, Roger M
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 26
- HIV Nef promotes expression of B-lymphocyte stimulator by blood dendritic cells during HIV infection in humans.
- Authors: Chagnon-Choquet J, Gauvin J, Roger J, Fontaine J, Poudrier J, Roger M, Montreal Primary HIV Infection and Slow Progressor Study Groups.
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 15
- High expression levels of B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) by dendritic cells correlate with HIV-related B-cell disease progression in humans.
- Authors: Fontaine J, Chagnon-Choquet J, Valcke HS, Poudrier J, Roger M, Montreal Primary HIV Infection and Long-Term Non-Progressor Study Groups.
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 6
- BLyS and BLyS receptor expression in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Briones J, Timmerman JM, Hilbert DM, Levy R
- Issue date: 2002 Feb