Highly active antiretroviral therapy in resource-poor settings: the experience of Medecins Sans Frontieres
AffiliationMedecins Sans Fronteres
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAIDS (London, England)
AbstractWe describe the short-term results of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in seven projects in low and middle income countries. A total of 743 adults were included, and clinical, immunological and virological responses were analysed. At 6 months, outcomes were similar to those observed in western countries, and the probability of remaining on treatment was 94%. The challenge now is to extend access to HAART to the millions in urgent need.
DescriptionTo access this Research Letter, scroll down to page 1995 in the attachment.
- B lymphocyte stimulator protein-associated increase in circulating autoantibody levels may require CD4+ T cells: lessons from HIV-infected patients.
- Authors: Stohl W, Cheema GS, Briggs WS, Xu D, Sosnovtseva S, Roschke V, Ferrara DE, Labat K, Sattler FR, Pierangeli SS, Hilbert DM
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- High expression levels of B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) by dendritic cells correlate with HIV-related B-cell disease progression in humans.
- Authors: Fontaine J, Chagnon-Choquet J, Valcke HS, Poudrier J, Roger M, Montreal Primary HIV Infection and Long-Term Non-Progressor Study Groups.
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 6
- Local production of B lymphocyte stimulator protein and APRIL in arthritic joints of patients with inflammatory arthritis.
- Authors: Tan SM, Xu D, Roschke V, Perry JW, Arkfeld DG, Ehresmann GR, Migone TS, Hilbert DM, Stohl W
- Issue date: 2003 Apr
- Elevated serum B-lymphocyte stimulator levels in patients with familial lymphoproliferative disorders.
- Authors: Novak AJ, Grote DM, Ziesmer SC, Kline MP, Manske MK, Slager S, Witzig TE, Shanafelt T, Call TG, Kay NE, Jelinek DF, Cerhan JR, Gross JA, Harder B, Dillon SR, Ansell SM
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 20
- BLyS and BLyS receptor expression in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Authors: Briones J, Timmerman JM, Hilbert DM, Levy R
- Issue date: 2002 Feb