Geographic Distribution and Mortality Risk Factors during the Cholera Outbreak in a Rural Region of Haiti, 2010-2011
Jasmin, Ernest Robert
Alberti, Kathryn P
Luquero, Francisco J
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractIn 2010 and 2011, Haiti was heavily affected by a large cholera outbreak that spread throughout the country. Although national health structure-based cholera surveillance was rapidly initiated, a substantial number of community cases might have been missed, particularly in remote areas. We conducted a community-based survey in a large rural, mountainous area across four districts of the Nord department including areas with good versus poor accessibility by road, and rapid versus delayed response to the outbreak to document the true cholera burden and assess geographic distribution and risk factors for cholera mortality.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- High-resolution spatial analysis of cholera patients reported in Artibonite department, Haiti in 2010-2011.
- Authors: Allan M, Grandesso F, Pierre R, Magloire R, Coldiron M, Martinez-Pino I, Goffeau T, Gitenet R, François G, Olson D, Porten K, Luquero FJ
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Cholera surveillance during the Haiti epidemic--the first 2 years.
- Authors: Barzilay EJ, Schaad N, Magloire R, Mung KS, Boncy J, Dahourou GA, Mintz ED, Steenland MW, Vertefeuille JF, Tappero JW
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 14
- Assessment of the response to cholera outbreaks in two districts in Ghana.
- Authors: Ohene SA, Klenyuie W, Sarpeh M
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2
- A cholera epidemic in a rural area of northeast India.
- Authors: Phukan AC, Borah PK, Biswas D, Mahanta J
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Using a knowledge, attitudes and practices survey to supplement findings of an outbreak investigation: cholera prevention measures during the 1991 epidemic in Peru.
- Authors: Quick RE, Gerber ML, Palacios AM, Beingolea L, Vargas R, Mujica O, Moreno D, Seminario L, Smithwick EB, Tauxe RV
- Issue date: 1996 Aug