Early biting and insecticide resistance in the malaria vector Anopheles might compromise the effectiveness of vector control intervention in Southwestern Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSouthwestern Uganda has high malaria heterogeneity despite moderate vector control and other interventions. Moreover, the early biting transmission and increased resistance to insecticides might compromise strategies relying on vector control. Consequently, monitoring of vector behaviour and insecticide efficacy is needed to assess the effectiveness of strategies aiming at malaria control. This eventually led to an entomological survey in two villages with high malaria prevalence in this region.
- Impact of insecticide-treated bed nets on malaria transmission indices on the south coast of Kenya.
- Authors: Mutuku FM, King CH, Mungai P, Mbogo C, Mwangangi J, Muchiri EM, Walker ED, Kitron U
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 13
- Resting behaviour of malaria vectors in highland and lowland sites of western Kenya: Implication on malaria vector control measures.
- Authors: Machani MG, Ochomo E, Amimo F, Kosgei J, Munga S, Zhou G, Githeko AK, Yan G, Afrane YA
- Issue date: 2020
- Role of Anopheles (Cellia) rufipes (Gough, 1910) and other local anophelines in human malaria transmission in the northern savannah of Cameroon: a cross-sectional survey.
- Authors: Tabue RN, Awono-Ambene P, Etang J, Atangana J, C AN, Toto JC, Patchoke S, Leke RG, Fondjo E, Mnzava AP, Knox TB, Tougordi A, Donnelly MJ, Bigoga JD
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 11
- Malaria transmission in Libreville: results of a one year survey.
- Authors: Mourou JR, Coffinet T, Jarjaval F, Cotteaux C, Pradines E, Godefroy L, Kombila M, Pagès F
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 9
- Persistently high estimates of late night, indoor exposure to malaria vectors despite high coverage of insecticide treated nets.
- Authors: Bayoh MN, Walker ED, Kosgei J, Ombok M, Olang GB, Githeko AK, Killeen GF, Otieno P, Desai M, Lobo NF, Vulule JM, Hamel MJ, Kariuki S, Gimnig JE
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 20