HIV with non-communicable diseases in primary care in Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya: characteristics and outcomes 2010-2013
AuthorsEdwards, J K
Van den Bergh, R
Kosgei, R J
Vakil, S N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAntiretroviral therapy (ART) has increased the life expectancy of people living with HIV (PLHIV); HIV is now considered a chronic disease. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and HIV care were integrated into primary care clinics operated within the informal settlement of Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya. We describe early cohort outcomes among PLHIV and HIV-negative patients, both of whom had NCDs.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Noncommunicable disease burden among HIV patients in care: a national retrospective longitudinal analysis of HIV-treatment outcomes in Kenya, 2003-2013.
- Authors: Achwoka D, Waruru A, Chen TH, Masamaro K, Ngugi E, Kimani M, Mukui I, Oyugi JO, Mutave R, Achia T, Katana A, Ng'ang'a L, De Cock KM
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 3
- High prevalence of non-communicable diseases among key populations enrolled at a large HIV prevention & treatment program in Kenya.
- Authors: Achwoka D, Oyugi JO, Mutave R, Munywoki P, Achia T, Akolo M, Muriuki F, Muthui M, Kimani J
- Issue date: 2020
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and hypertension in people living with human immunodeficiency virus on antiretroviral therapy in Gweru district, Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Gonah L, Moodley I, Hlongwana K
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 11
- "They just come, pick and go." The Acceptability of Integrated Medication Adherence Clubs for HIV and Non Communicable Disease (NCD) Patients in Kibera, Kenya.
- Authors: Venables E, Edwards JK, Baert S, Etienne W, Khabala K, Bygrave H
- Issue date: 2016
- Medication Adherence Clubs: a potential solution to managing large numbers of stable patients with multiple chronic diseases in informal settlements.
- Authors: Khabala KB, Edwards JK, Baruani B, Sirengo M, Musembi P, Kosgei RJ, Walter K, Kibachio JM, Tondoi M, Ritter H, Wilkinson E, Reid T
- Issue date: 2015 Oct