HIV with non-communicable diseases in primary care in Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya: characteristics and outcomes 2010-2013
AuthorsEdwards, J K
Van den Bergh, R
Kosgei, R J
Vakil, S N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAntiretroviral therapy (ART) has increased the life expectancy of people living with HIV (PLHIV); HIV is now considered a chronic disease. Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and HIV care were integrated into primary care clinics operated within the informal settlement of Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya. We describe early cohort outcomes among PLHIV and HIV-negative patients, both of whom had NCDs.
PublisherOxford University Press
- "They just come, pick and go." The Acceptability of Integrated Medication Adherence Clubs for HIV and Non Communicable Disease (NCD) Patients in Kibera, Kenya.
- Authors: Venables E, Edwards JK, Baert S, Etienne W, Khabala K, Bygrave H
- Issue date: 2016
- Caseload, management and treatment outcomes of patients with hypertension and/or diabetes mellitus in a primary health care programme in an informal setting.
- Authors: Sobry A, Kizito W, Van den Bergh R, Tayler-Smith K, Isaakidis P, Cheti E, Kosgei RJ, Vandenbulcke A, Ndegwa Z, Reid T
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Medication Adherence Clubs: a potential solution to managing large numbers of stable patients with multiple chronic diseases in informal settlements.
- Authors: Khabala KB, Edwards JK, Baruani B, Sirengo M, Musembi P, Kosgei RJ, Walter K, Kibachio JM, Tondoi M, Ritter H, Wilkinson E, Reid T
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- A cross-sectional, facility based study of comorbid non-communicable diseases among adults living with HIV infection in Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Magodoro IM, Esterhuizen TM, Chivese T
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 2
- Delivery of health care for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases among people living with HIV/AIDS in African countries: a systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Watkins DA, Tulloch NL, Anderson ME, Barnhart S, Steyn K, Levitt NS
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 16