"They Know, They Agree, but They Don't Do"- The Paradox of Tuberculosis Case Notification by Private Practitioners in Alappuzha District, Kerala, India
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite being a recognized standard of tuberculosis (TB) care internationally, mandatory TB case notification brings forth challenges from the private sector. Only three TB cases were notified in 2013 by private practitioners compared to 2000 TB cases notified yearly from the public sector in Alappuzha district. The study objective was to explore the knowledge, opinion and barriers regarding TB Notification among private practitioners offering TB services in Alappuzha, Kerala state, India.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Mandatory TB notification in Mysore city, India: Have we heard the private practitioner's plea?
- Authors: Singh Chadha S, Burugina Nagaraja S, Trivedi A, Satapathy S, N M D, Devi Sagili K
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 3
- The Usefulness and Feasibility of Mobile Interface in Tuberculosis Notification (MITUN) Voice Based System for Notification of Tuberculosis by Private Medical Practitioners--A Pilot Project.
- Authors: Velayutham B, Thomas B, Nair D, Thiruvengadam K, Prashant S, Kittusami S, Vijayakumar H, Chidambaram M, Shivakumar SV, Jayabal L, Jhunjhunwala A, Swaminathan S
- Issue date: 2015
- Tuberculosis notification in a private tertiary care teaching hospital in South India: a mixed-methods study.
- Authors: Siddaiah A, Ahmed MN, Kumar AMV, D'Souza G, Wilkinson E, Maung TM, Rodrigues R
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 19
- Perceptions of Private Medical Practitioners on Tuberculosis Notification: A Study from Chennai, South India.
- Authors: Thomas BE, Velayutham B, Thiruvengadam K, Nair D, Barman SB, Jayabal L, Ovung S, Swaminathan S
- Issue date: 2016
- Tuberculosis case notification by private practitioners in Pune, India: how well are we doing?
- Authors: Yeole RD, Khillare K, Chadha VK, Lo T, Kumar AM
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 21