"Losing the tombola": a case study describing the use of community consultation in designing the study protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a mental health intervention in two conflict-affected regions
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Medical Ethics
AbstractCommunity consultation is increasingly recommended, and in some cases, required by ethical review boards for research that involves higher levels of ethical risk such as international research and research with vulnerable populations. In designing a randomised control trial of a mental health intervention using a wait list control, we consulted the community where the research would be undertaken prior to finalising the study protocol. The study sites were two conflict-affected locations: Grozny in the Chechen Republic and Kitchanga in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Adult and adolescent livestock productive asset transfer programmes to improve mental health, economic stability and family and community relationships in rural South Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo: a protocol of a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Kohli A, Perrin NA, Remy MM, Alfred MB, Arsene KB, Nadine MB, Heri BJ, Clovis MM, Glass N
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 14
- Creating opportunities through mentorship, parental involvement, and safe spaces (COMPASS) program: multi-country study protocol to protect girls from violence in humanitarian settings.
- Authors: Falb KL, Tanner S, Ward L, Erksine D, Noble E, Assazenew A, Bakomere T, Graybill E, Lowry C, Mallinga P, Neiman A, Poulton C, Robinette K, Sommer M, Stark L
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 5
- Community consultation in emergency research.
- Authors: Contant C, McCullough LB, Mangus L, Robertson C, Valadka A, Brody B
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Variation of community consultation and public disclosure for a pediatric multi-centered "Exception from Informed Consent" trial.
- Authors: Holsti M, Zemek R, Baren J, Stanley RM, Mahajan P, Vance C, Brown KM, Gonzalez V, King D, Jacobsen K, Shreve K, van de Bruinhorst K, Jones AM, Chamberlain JM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- American Society of Clinical Oncology policy statement: oversight of clinical research.
- Authors: American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Issue date: 2003 Jun 15