Estimation and Short-Term Prediction of the Course of the HIV Epidemic Using Demographic and Health Survey Methodology-Like Data
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMathematical models have played important roles in the understanding of epidemics and in the study of the impacts of various behavioral or medical measures. However, modeling accurately the future spread of an epidemic requires context-specific parameters that are difficult to estimate because of lack of data. Our objective is to propose a methodology to estimate context-specific parameters using Demographic and Health Survey (DHS)-like data that can be used in mathematical modeling of short-term HIV spreading.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Assessment of epidemic projections using recent HIV survey data in South Africa: a validation analysis of ten mathematical models of HIV epidemiology in the antiretroviral therapy era.
- Authors: Eaton JW, Bacaër N, Bershteyn A, Cambiano V, Cori A, Dorrington RE, Fraser C, Gopalappa C, Hontelez JA, Johnson LF, Klein DJ, Phillips AN, Pretorius C, Stover J, Rehle TM, Hallett TB
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Risk factors for HIV infection in a national adult population: evidence from the 2003 Kenya Demographic and Health Survey.
- Authors: Johnson K, Way A
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 15
- Epidemic impacts of a community empowerment intervention for HIV prevention among female sex workers in generalized and concentrated epidemics.
- Authors: Wirtz AL, Pretorius C, Beyrer C, Baral S, Decker MR, Sherman SG, Sweat M, Poteat T, Butler J, Oelrichs R, Semini I, Kerrigan D
- Issue date: 2014
- A general HIV incidence inference scheme based on likelihood of individual level data and a population renewal equation.
- Authors: Mahiane GS, Ouifki R, Brand H, Delva W, Welte A
- Issue date: 2012
- Modeling the impact on HIV incidence of combination prevention strategies among men who have sex with men in Beijing, China.
- Authors: Lou J, Blevins M, Ruan Y, Vermund SH, Tang S, Webb GF, Shepherd BE, He X, Lu H, Shao Y, Qian HZ
- Issue date: 2014